• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is it still a bad thing to call a QB a “game manager “??

recceice

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Because game manager implies limited ability, especially when it comes to general playmaking.

That’s the problem then.. Ppl need to change their mindset then..  Game Managers win and have a lot of success as well and it’s okay to be a game manager.. It’s okay not to be able to win in every situation..

11 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Because game manager implies limited ability, especially when it comes to general playmaking.

Which is generally accurate of the QBs it's applied to. You don't necessarily have to have a dynamic game breaking QB if you have a brilliant offensive system with elite surrounding talent. The issue you run into is when you start having to pay everybody and making tough salary cap decisions.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, recceice said:

If he was on a different team does he change the game is the question then??

It’s a fair question.

I have a long history on this board saying we don’t need a game changer at the QB position to compete. 

It’s an interesting conversation because while Purdy might not do anything Uber athletic or ultra flashy, I believe those that do (eg. Cam, or more relevant, Josh Allen) tend to have more instances of subpar outcomes as they are always looking to make a splash play or play the part of the hero. Sometimes at the cost of the game. Guys like Purdy might not backflip into the end zone after a long run but rarely do they fumble the ball or throw an INT in crucial moments either. 

So for me I could see how people could take his comments either way. 

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

It’s a fair question.

I have a long history on this board saying we don’t need a game changer at the QB position to compete. 

It’s an interesting conversation because while Purdy might not do anything Uber athletic or ultra flashy, I believe those that do (eg. Cam, or more relevant, Josh Allen) tend to have more instances of subpar outcomes as they are always looking to make a splash play or play the part of the hero. Sometimes at the cost of the game. Guys like Purdy might not backflip into the end zone after a long run but rarely do they fumble the ball or throw an INT in crucial moments either. 

So for me I could see how people could take his comments either way. 

That’s Cams point imo.. It not a bad thing making the right play at the right time more times then not and being reliable more often then not.. But reality is Purdy, Dak nor Tua is asked to carry a offense and elevate the talent around them as much as Mahomes , Jackson and Rodger’s is.. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, recceice said:

That’s Cams point imo.. It not a bad thing making the right play at the right time more times then not and being reliable more often then not.. But reality is Purdy, Dak nor Tua is asked to carry a offense and elevate the talent around them as much as Mahomes , Jackson and Rodger’s is.. 

I can personally see it either way. I could see how someone could read his comments and infer that he’s saying Purdy is JAG. If I were called a game manager and demonstrating consistent success despite the products around me, I really wouldn’t care about anyone’s opinion either way though.