• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Ben Johnson wants $15 million per year

TheSpecialJuan

Since Tepper bought the team, his worth has increased to like $16 BILLION.  If he paid a coach $15 million per year, it would take 67 years before he ended up paying a single billion.  

I could give two poops what Tepper has to pay a coach.  I have no problem with folks getting rich fleecing Tepper.  Not my money, and it doesn't count on the cap.  Fug it all!

• Pie 3

I have no doubt that Tepper is going to have the top offer out for Ben Johnson. The most money per year, probably will allow him to have a big say in the GM hire if Ben Johnson would prefer someone else and not Scott Fitterer and pitch him on a Miami style of approach where you have an offensive HC focus solely on the offense and play calling and have a top DC completely manage the defense. 

14 hours ago, d-dave said:

Since Tepper bought the team, his worth has increased to like $16 BILLION.  If he paid a coach $15 million per year, it would take 67 years before he ended up paying a single billion.  

I could give two poops what Tepper has to pay a coach.  I have no problem with folks getting rich fleecing Tepper.  Not my money, and it doesn't count on the cap.  Fug it all!

Over $20 Billion now.  He’s currently the 90th richest person in THE WORLD.

We’ve all been to PARTIES with 90 people and weren’t the richest in the ROOM.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

14 hours ago, d-dave said:

I don't think most folks grasp the massive gulf between millionaires and billionaires. $15M a year is a MASSIVE amount of money but it's pocket change to a billionaire.

If you made a dollar per second you'd be a millionaire in 12 days. It'd take you nearly 33 years to become a billionaire. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

Tepper will be paying 3 head coaches for another two years, right? lol

I think he only had to pay Rhule like $5million because of the Nebraska contract offsetting a majority of the money. And the main reason he was owed anything was the escalating contract for Nebraska the the first couple years was less than what he would have made as the Panther's coach.

13 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I think he only had to pay Rhule like $5million because of the Nebraska contract offsetting a majority of the money. And the main reason he was owed anything was the escalating contract for Nebraska the the first couple years was less than what he would have made as the Panther's coach.

I thought Nebraska purposefully structured it so that Tepper would have to still pay a good bit of the early money.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think most folks grasp the massive gulf between millionaires and billionaires. $15M a year is a MASSIVE amount of money but it's pocket change to a billionaire.

If you made a dollar per second you'd be a millionaire in 12 days. It'd take you nearly 33 years to become a billionaire. 

David Tepper could buy Mark Cuban, Dan Snyder, and Robert Kraft.  COMBINED.

He's worth over $20B and it keeps going up every day.  He’s a billionaire to billionaires, insane.  He’s literally approaching Musk/Bezos space so I say spend it on our front office and coaching staff, let’s go…

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

David Tepper could buy Mark Cuban, Dan Snyder, and Robert Kraft.  COMBINED.

He's worth over $20B and it keeps going up every day.  He’s a billionaire to billionaires, insane.  He’s literally approaching Musk/Bezos space so I say spend it on our front office and coaching staff, let’s go…

Yeah, front office and staff is where spending big can make a real difference since there's no salary cap there. Go out and hire the best people available and GTFO of their way and let them do their jobs.

• Flames 1