• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud trolls the Teppers...

BenjaminBreeg

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t think anyone in their wildest dreams  believed Kobe would turn in to a Jordan like player. 

You sure about that? Anticipation for Kobe was extremely high from the get-go. He was already hyped/hailed as MJ's successor during his rookie season. Let's be real, ain't nobody gonna replace MJ, but the fact Kobe rose up to the challenge and lived up to the hype to a large extent speaks volumes about his dedication, self-confidence, and competitiveness. Kobe was that guy. Meanwhile, we got the football equivalent of Kwame Brown playing at QB.

Yikes...

Edited by BenjaminBreeg

1 minute ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

You sure about that? Anticipation for Kobe was extremely high from the get-go. He was already hyped/hailed as MJ's successor during his rookie season. Let's be real, ain't nobody gonna replace MJ, but the fact Kobe rose up to the challenge and lived up to the hype to a large extent speaks volumes about his dedication, self-confidence, and competitiveness. Kobe was that guy. Meanwhile, we got our football equivalent of Kwame Brown. 

I’ve read the stories and rumors about Kobe - the one about Jerry West is really fascinating. 

But the trade was agreed upon prior to the pick and the Hornets took him knowing they would trade him to the Lakers. Sure, it looks like an idiotic trade now but it is what it is. 

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Again, Kobe wasn’t going to play for the Hornets. I think m he pretty much said that years later.  That trade was agreed upon prior to the pick. I don’t think anyone in their wildest dreams  believed Kobe would turn in to a Jordan like player. 

From what I remember, Kobe had said he wouldn't play for anyone but LA. It's part of the reason he fell. Teams knew he wouldn't sign.