• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson

RumHam

29 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

There is no denying Lamar is playing great right NOW I still think that Contract ages horribly.... qbs who run the ball as much as he does have a "Best if used by" date just like RBs.  

Burrow isn't fully guaranteed and a big difference is his game isn't at risk of falling off a cliff with them.

Lamar has shown he doesn’t need to run to win. He’s been accurate since he’s entered the league. His numbers show that. What would make you or anyone else think he’s going to fall apart if his legs go, or he’s a running QB?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

This. Some of the posters now saying he wasn’t going to come here, we’re saying then that he wasn’t good enough, wasn’t worth it, or saying silly nonsense like he quit on his team and his teammates likely didn’t appreciate him. 

Oh trust me they know who they are. I remember it was only a few of us who wanted Lamar. Everyone else was trashing him because he wanted to get paid. Funny how those same posters acting like they don't remember those comments.

Now they saying he was never coming here. Of course because we never gave him a offer sheet! Nobody did!

• Pie 1

I was not in favor of a trade because Lamar had not been good in the playoffs, and had not been nearly as good as his MVP year since.  He’s certainly having a great year and proving a lot of people wrong, but I’m still waiting to see him take that level of play into the postseason.  But man even removing this seasons performance, it would have been a lot better than the Bryce Young trade lol.

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I was not in favor of a trade because Lamar had not been good in the playoffs, and had not been nearly as good as his MVP year since.  He’s certainly having a great year and proving a lot of people wrong, but I’m still waiting to see him take that level of play into the postseason.  But man even removing this seasons performance, it would have been a lot better than the Bryce Young trade lol.

Now look at him 2nd MVP best record in football and still has limited weapons.

You wonder why he doesn't do well in the playoffs look around him!

2 hours ago, Call Me James said:

It really doesn’t matter if he was going to come here. The reasons folks said we shouldn’t go after him is because they didn’t think he was good or worth it.

tldr, just more proof of implicit bias ruining talent evaluations 

I have never said he wasnt good, but I have said he was dumb. I have also said he sucks in the playoffs or gets hurt before them. 

He has always been great in the regular season when not injured. 

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I have never said he wasnt good, but I have said he was dumb. I have also said he sucks in the playoffs or gets hurt before them. 

Same could be said for Justin Herbert, and if I recall, you wanted him. 

41 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Now look at him 2nd MVP best record in football and still has limited weapons.

You wonder why he doesn't do well in the playoffs look around him!

MVP is meaningless, I'll be impressed when he earns his second playoff win.

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Same could be said for Justin Herbert, and if I recall, you wanted him. 

All things equal I would take Lamar over Herbert. 

Lamar was scaring everyone when he and his mom where negotiating his deal. 

Herbert has done jack poo in this league compared to Lamar, the dude is a former MVP and the Ravens are in the playoffs every year for just showing up to games basically. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

What makes him dumb?

Please I need an explanation because I just don't see how you came to that conclusion.