• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Relocation question....

Jmac

Let's say baldy gets a wild hair and does try and move. Would we ever get another team?

Would the NFL approve of the move? 

How many years before we actually got another team here realistically?

Would MLB jump the shark and put a team here first?

Opinions please...

2 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Don’t have much as to the football stuff. But the Carolina Hurricanes owner is heavily lobbying to get a MLB expansion in Raleigh. It’ll probably end up going to Nashville though. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Let's say baldy gets a wild hair and does try and move. Would we ever get another team?

Would the NFL approve of the move? 

How many years before we actually got another team here realistically?

Opinions please...

We are a top 10 population area and CLT is a rapidly growing city, although so is the Triangle area. 

IMO, we would be on the table for another team IF the NFL wants to expand in the US. My guess is that they are more focused on expanding their overseas brand than expansion domestically, so I suspect if they moved it could be a very long time or possibly would need to wait for another team to relocate.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Don’t have much as to the football stuff. But the Carolina Hurricanes owner is heavily lobbying to get a MLB expansion in Raleigh. It’ll probably end up going to Nashville though. 

Roy Cooper is helping him to try and get a team in the Raleigh area as well

• Pie 2

Just now, Zaximus said:

I don't think the rest of the owners would approve a move.  The team makes too much money.  The NFL is pretty heavy in profit sharing so it would be silly for them to approve a move.  

That just depends on where they would end up. 

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I don't think the rest of the owners would approve a move.  The team makes too much money.  The NFL is pretty heavy in profit sharing so it would be silly for them to approve a move.  

They would approve it in a heartbeat. Wouldn’t think twice about it. They don’t care about Charlotte or where the team is located. I’m pretty sure there is a gentleman’s agreement among them about not vetoing moves. When has one EVER been vetoed in any American sport? 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

They would approve it in a heartbeat. Wouldn’t think twice about it. They don’t care about Charlotte or where the team is located. I’m pretty sure there is a gentleman’s agreement among them about not vetoing moves. When has one EVER been vetoed in any American sport? 

I just can't see a team that is profitable being moved before teams that aren't (or aren't as much).  It's all about money.  But I concede I can't remember any move being vetoed when I think about it but that could be because a team would already know it would be before bringing up a vote and wouldn't even try.

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

The Raiders tried to go to LA.  Vegas was their second choice.

Just now, Zaximus said:

I just can't see a team that is profitable being moved before teams that aren't (or aren't as much).  It's all about money.  But I concede I can't remember any move being vetoed when I think about it but that could be because a team would already know it would be before bringing up a vote and wouldn't even try.

It is All about money and the NFL prints it. An NFL team in OKC, San Antonio, Toronto, Mexico City would all do well. I don’t even know if the nfl would bother putting another team in Charlotte. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

It is All about money and the NFL prints it. An NFL team in OKC, San Antonio, Toronto, Mexico City would all do well. I don’t even know if the nfl would bother putting another team in Charlotte. 

The NFL thought Charlotte was a good market to enter in the 90s and it has exploded in size since then.  To think the NFL doesn't care about Charlotte when they've ALREADY put a team here is a bit comical.