• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

9 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Just curious, what if our WRs only seemed poor due to the OC? Would you give them the benefit of the doubt? Or ... do you blame them?

I mean there is stuff like the Chark fumble today and TMJ not able to do the bare minimum so yes there is a certain amount of accountability needed, but overall and more impactful I think was the overall scheme and offensive gameplans this year. Like I said in my original post, I don't think you can make a determination on any offensive player this season. 

• Flames 1

Just now, Ghostofdelhomme said:

David Carr may have actually been better, no hyperbole. Scored some rushing TD’s and threw the ball downfield.

Soooo does Clausen, Akieman ,Akil Smith, and a list of other rookie QBs not count?? Have you actually looked up other rookie QB stats??

17 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Russell had size, more mobile and strength. Drew Brees didnt have the strength really but developed throwing deep by throw way ahead of time. But most Brees throws were short and fast. Got the ball out quick and rarely got hit.

Both were small qbs Brees is taller...

Just now, Ghostofdelhomme said:

The only way my mind is changed is if it comes out tomorrow that Bryce was playing with a torn throwing labrum all year. Short of that, he is literally high school option qb without the option ability

Only the Panthers would make their rookie QB play injured in a lost season with an interim HC. I have a hard time laughing at it because it seems like it would happen. We already let our league MVP play meaningless games with a messed up shoulder in 16 lol.

25 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

I still think he has a chance to be good. Not worth the trade up (my opinion, only a generational QB would have been worth that but we were starved for a franchise WB).

Give him a good O-line, another receiver or two, and some coaching and we will see.

Again, not worth the move up but we can’t do anything about that miscue now. The right situation I think he can be ok. I just can’t see how the entire league missed on this pick— that’s mostly what I’m basing this on.

Sure, if we get a pro bowler at every single position on offense, Bryce might be decent... I'm sure our friends Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield would say the same thing...

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

But that's what we had this year for the most part. New coach, new scheme, AT and Chark. You'll never hit on all of that all at once. But a great QB can keep you in games. Cam did it all the time. Young can't.

I mean yeah, you'll most likely never hit on all of them at the same time in the same sense it's really hard to miss on all of them at the same time, which we somehow did this year. I just don't see how anyone could possibly take a step back and look at this offensive season and decide you can make a determination on a rookie QB. A lot (most) on here disagree and that's fine. I'm just answering OP's original question with my perspective. 

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I mean there is stuff like the Chark fumble today and TMJ not able to do the bare minimum so yes there is a certain amount of accountability needed, but overall and more impactful I think was the overall scheme and offensive gameplans this year. Like I said in my original post, I don't think you can make a determination on any offensive player this season. 

This is a objective football opinion.. Not 1 person built this “Titanic” of a bad season.. This was a group effort in being this trash..

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, recceice said:

Soooo does Clausen, Akieman ,Akil Smith, and a list of other rookie QBs not count?? Have you actually looked up other rookie QB stats??

Yes, but my point was no modern Qb has ever been as bad. Terry Bradshaw was the worst ever but no point in going back that far, the game is changed. No one in the last 20 years had a worse offensive production from the Qb spot that played an entire season than Bryce.

4 minutes ago, recceice said:

This is a objective football opinion.. Not 1 person built this “Titanic” of a bad season.. This was a group effort in being this trash..

I think this is the biggest disconnect between the majority of us and the "Bryce Guys". NONE of us think this team is good. NONE. We know the Oline is weak, we know the WRs are weak, we know the HC sucks, we know the OC sucks. But we believe Bryce sucks ... despite all that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1