• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

10 minutes ago, Panther0221 said:

As much as everyone on this board hates Sam Darnold, he got all the years he did because 100% of his issue is mental. He has all of the physical attributes to be an NFL QB and sometimes for 2-3 games at a time has people second guessing him. He is in his own head and constantly panics and makes bad decisions, which keeps him from being a consistent QB. 

Bryce Young has none of the physical intangibles of a top 10 QB. He has not shown he can consistently throw a solid deep ball, he has no pocket awareness, his improvising skills are weak. Even if he gets his head in the game, it's still questionable whether he physically can handle playing in the NFL.

Nothing I have seen this season gives me any hope that he has the athletic ability, the arm strength, nor the height to succeed in the league. Unfortunatly, a analytical brain doesn't make it happen.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Call me stubborn all you like but I am not giving up on a ROOKIE QB after one season... Said it from the beginning and will stay with it. 

Now if he is unsuccessful next season with a new coaching staff, my tone will change but if we suck, at least 2025 we will have a top pick and will go QB again 

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Yes, but my point was no modern Qb has ever been as bad. Terry Bradshaw was the worst ever but no point in going back that far, the game is changed. No one in the last 20 years had a worse offensive production from the Qb spot that played an entire season than Bryce.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13198/jimmy-clausen

Are we acting like this season didn’t happen??

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

Call me stubborn all you like but I am not giving up on a ROOKIE QB after one season... Said it from the beginning and will stay with it. 

Now if he is unsuccessful next season with a new coaching staff, my tone will change but if we suck, at least 2025 we will have a top pick and will go QB again 

It’s not stubbornness it’s reality it’s rare teams give up on a top 5 pick after 1 year..

• Pie 1

I wish I knew what it was that so many fans and scouts and analysts saw that impressed them so much. 

Was it really just wanting a mini Mahomes who can throw when running? That seems to be all I remember hearing 

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

I know some of y'all just want to trash Bryce because CJ Stroud looks to be the guy and you think we missed.  I get it!  

You don't give up as much as we did for Bryce and cut him after a year.  Look, he did plenty wrong, which is what you expect as a rookie.  But the rest of the offense looked like crap plenty.  Bryce gets another shot next year, regardless of what the fans think because of all the investment put into drafting him.

Now if we don't see improvement in 2024, then by all mean, toss him.  But this team was poorly built, despite being told we were one player away from making noise.  It's going to depend on the next coach and staff.

Sorry, but we're all going to have to wait and see.

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Yes, but my point was no modern Qb has ever been as bad. Terry Bradshaw was the worst ever but no point in going back that far, the game is changed. No one in the last 20 years had a worse offensive production from the Qb spot that played an entire season than Bryce.

Didn’t Josh Rosen play in the modern Football time?? 
Im just saying you’re making a bold statement with not a lot of research??