• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

4 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

No. We have one more season minimum to give him a shot with hopefully a competent coaching/offensive staff and some weapons. He’s been terrible, but considering his circumstances and what we gave up, you go all in and give him a shot next year….thats all we can do. I hope he has an offseason dedicated to improving in all areas and that we see an improvement because I can’t take another season like this.

I disagree going all in. What we gave up for him shouldn't matter (although it will).

I don’t know how a coaching staff could feel confident going “all in”. He needs competition in camp, and it should be a real competition. 

• Pie 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

Arrogant and misleading.  Dangerous combination. I really think your ability to muster courage behind a fake name on a discussion board has overwhelmed your circuitry. Regardless, I do not pretend to be smarter than others by referring to anyone who disagrees with me as having a thick skull.  The fact is, you are being intentionally misleading--sacks are a QB stat but not one they often use to evaluate QBs--completion percentage, interception rate, YPA, etc are usually the standard--Sacks, however, are a key OL measure, and you seem to disregard that obvious point because it is not consistent with your theory--something you choose to ignore so you can pout and rant and make people think you know what you are talking about.  I gave you facts and stats--offensive line statistics related to sacks---and you give me an answer that ignores these facts and stats and you repeat yourself.  Silly person.  The worst left side of the OL (T, G, C) in the NFL. based on SACKS and you say they were not bad.  Not arguing with someone who skips over facts and statistics.  If you want to challenge my points, find some Offensive linemen stats that do not include sacks allowed.  Post  the link here.  If you can't, STFU.

I guess I have to repeat myself, but here it goes...

Stop blaming the O-line for Young's inability to make timely decisions and to navigate the pocket effectively to get away from pressure. 

You rarely ever see Bryce do a standard 3-, 5-, or 7-step drop. Instead, he just saunters backward like a tranquilized raccoon and then does his signature midget-hop like he's twitching on some designer drug. Just how TF are the linemen (especially the interior) supposed to block for him when he rarely gives them enough depth to work with?

Bryce also holds onto the ball forever, because his little mouse brain overheats as soon as the reads get just a little tough, so much so that he has no spare mental capacity for basic pocket awareness and navigation, such as climbing the pocket or stepping away from the pressure. He just pogo hops or stands on the same spot like a carboard standie and eats sacks. Even when he tries to get away from pressure, which he almost always does when it's already too freaking late, he doesn't have the speed to outrun defenders, and because he's so tiny, one hand on his shoulder pad is enough to make him eat turf.

The fact is that our O-line gives Bryce plenty of time to make throws. Plenty of time. It's his fault that his fundamentals are so atrocious and his processing so slow that he can't hit open receivers on time or make bare minimum NFL-level throws accurately and consistently or avoid sacks to extend plays. 

681172919_Screenshot2023-12-31at17-23-002023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.png.78cceaf67-6429f097e10c284c.thumb.png.75498673870cf83fbdfb0e66dcbe6b38.png.c4bf7715902fb7431aeeb2a340abf96b.png

1181778756_Screenshot2024-01-03at14-04-322023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.thumb.png.fd56595464c048ecd185aa604ab59b2e.png.03eb2b691e33822f0e6a7e13b6430037.png1826086829_Screenshot2023-12-31at17-20-492023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.png.ddc63b26-b10f956a84d703a5.thumb.png.5459cdc575be2d819261b2dd8c83bf34.png.296c520bc832c42d2e04ba5cf3cfed73.png

image.thumb.png.f8034dc2b9c5be979c53884a8645261e.png.de0795ae7683b1eae89f9e802494b9be.png

Get this through to your head: sacks are more of a QB statistic, which is why they are listed on a QB's stat sheet. The majority of sacks are due to Bryce's fault. Why? Because he almost always had enough time in the pocket to either throw to a receiver or simply scramble and throw the ball away. QBs are drilled over and over and over again on the importance of avoiding sacks, because sacks are the worst outcome save for interceptions or pick sixes. This is QB 101 stuff but apparently too difficult to grasp for our super S2-processor. Don't just stand there like a deer in headlights or a special needs boi who just got off the short bus on the wrong stop. Throw the damn ball away, FFS! 

Face it, we bet the farm on a QB who can't even perform simple 3-, 5-, and 7-step drops (or 3- and 5-step drops from the shotgun), which is something even a decent Pop Warner QB can perform on a consistent basis. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Our receivers are almost always waiting for balls to arrive. They drift and float. Bryce just has terrible footwork and can't deliver a good ball to let a receiver make plays with it most of the time.

This is the key.  WIthout endzone game tape, it is really hard to see if the majority of the blame goes to QB, OL, or WR.  I think the answer is "all of them" but I would like to know to what degree?  If the WRs and OL are sucking, the QB play inevitably sucks.  If the QB and OL play sucks, the WRs will suck---Lotta work to do, imo, because I had no confidence in Bryce because he had the ball--but if the focus was on the others, would a different concern be exposed?  I think so--just like to know how much etc. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I disagree going all in. What we gave up for him shouldn't matter (although it will).

I don’t know how a coaching staff could feel confident going “all in”. He needs competition in camp, and it should be a real competition. 

I get what you are saying and I agree in a sense, but zero chance our QB room changes from Young and Dalton this offseason. I would bet my house on that.

Just now, BenjaminBreeg said:

Stop blaming the O-line for Young's inability to make timely decisions and to navigate the pocket effectively to get away from pressure. 

You rarely ever see Bryce do a standard 3-, 5-, or 7-step drop. Instead, he just saunters backward like a tranquilized raccoon and then does his signature midget-hop like he's twitching on some designer drug. Just how TF are the linemen (especially the interior) supposed to block for him when he rarely gives them enough depth to work with?

Bryce also holds onto the ball forever, because his little mouse brain overheats as soon as the reads get just a little tough, so much so that he has no spare mental capacity for basic pocket awareness and navigation, such as climbing the pocket or stepping away from the pressure. He just pogo hops or stands on the same spot like a carboard standie and eats sacks. Even when he tries to get away from pressure, which he almost always does when it's already too freaking late, he doesn't have the speed to outrun defenders, and because he's so tiny, one hand on his shoulder pad is enough to make him eat turf.

The fact is that our O-line gives Bryce plenty of time to make throws. Plenty of time. It's his fault that his fundamentals are so atrocious and his processing so slow that he can't hit open receivers on time or make bare minimum NFL-level throws accurately and consistently or avoid sacks to extend plays. 

681172919_Screenshot2023-12-31at17-23-002023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.png.78cceaf67-6429f097e10c284c.thumb.png.75498673870cf83fbdfb0e66dcbe6b38.png.c4bf7715902fb7431aeeb2a340abf96b.png

1181778756_Screenshot2024-01-03at14-04-322023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.thumb.png.fd56595464c048ecd185aa604ab59b2e.png.03eb2b691e33822f0e6a7e13b6430037.png1826086829_Screenshot2023-12-31at17-20-492023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.png.ddc63b26-b10f956a84d703a5.thumb.png.5459cdc575be2d819261b2dd8c83bf34.png.296c520bc832c42d2e04ba5cf3cfed73.png

image.thumb.png.f8034dc2b9c5be979c53884a8645261e.png.de0795ae7683b1eae89f9e802494b9be.png

Get this through to your head: sacks are more of a QB statistic, which is why they are listed on a QB's stat sheet. The majority of sacks are due to Bryce's fault. Why? Because he almost always had enough time in the pocket to either throw to a receiver or simply scramble and throw the ball away. QBs are drilled over and over and over again on the importance of avoiding sacks, because sacks are the worst outcome save for interceptions or pick sixes. This is QB 101 stuff but apparently too difficult to grasp for our super S2-processor. Don't just stand there like a deer in headlights or a special needs boi who just got off the short bus on the wrong stop. Throw the damn ball away, FFS! 

Face it, we bet the farm on a QB who can't even perform simple 3-, 5-, and 7-step drops (or 3- and 5-step drops from the shotgun), which is something even a decent Pop Warner QB can perform on a consistent basis. 

Repeat yourself.  You sound just as dumb.  Anyone can cherry pick stats.  I sense that I am engaged with a middle schooler who just got his first computer for Christmas.  Please do not respond because you think your opinions are right and people with much more experience and knowledge than you are wrong.  You obviously feel the need to be right at all costs and ignore other points of view.  I don't have time for dickheads-I simply want to see what others have to say.  I have heard you--now just shut up.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

This is the dumbest attempt at trying to change a stat category that has been Historically seen a different way..

How the fug do you judge Olinemen then?? Is sacks given up not a thing anymore.. 

• Pie 2

Question for those who believe in Bryce (and good for you to stay positive, I just can’t): Is your hope based on anything you saw Bryce do this season or solely based on kind of blind hope that he will be good with the right support?

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Arrogant and misleading.  Dangerous combination. I really think your ability to muster courage behind a fake name on a discussion board has overwhelmed your circuitry. Regardless, I do not pretend to be smarter than others by referring to anyone who disagrees with me as having a thick skull.  The fact is, you are being intentionally misleading--sacks are a QB stat but not one they often use to evaluate QBs--completion percentage, interception rate, YPA, etc are usually the standard--Sacks, however, are a key OL measure, and you seem to disregard that obvious point because it is not consistent with your theory--something you choose to ignore so you can pout and rant and make people think you know what you are talking about.  I gave you facts and stats--offensive line statistics related to sacks---and you give me an answer that ignores these facts and stats and you repeat yourself.  Silly person.  The worst left side of the OL (T, G, C) in the NFL. based on SACKS and you say they were not bad.  Not arguing with someone who skips over facts and statistics.  If you want to challenge my points, find some Offensive linemen stats that do not include sacks allowed.  Post  the link here.  If you can't, STFU.

Cancel that. I misclicked the quote button and somehow had you confused with that class-A lardass recceice. Yes, I agree sacks are an important metric used to assess the O-line's pass blocking performance, which is why I said "sacks are more of a QB stat", meaning that it's a shared responsibility between the O-line and the QB to prevent sacks, with the onus falling more on the QB than it does on the O-line. Please reference my previous posts, which contain stats comparing our O-line performance with that of their peers, to see that our O-line isn't nearly as horrible as many are making it out to be, and that Bryce should shoulder the majority of the blame when it comes to taking sacks. 

It's been a long, painful, and sleep-deprived day. Would you accept my apology? 

22 minutes ago, recceice said:

This is the dumbest attempt at trying to change a stat category that has been Historically seen a different way..

Oh really? Do tell. Educate us on what you learned on your many trips on the short bus.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg

2 minutes ago, recceice said:

That dumb ppl think QB sacks are a individual QB stat..

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Or do you have an eye problem? What part of the highlighted quote did you not understand? It's not my responsibility to ensure that you have attained a minimum level of reading comprehension to function properly in society.

841140424_Screenshot2024-01-07at8_39_41PM.thumb.jpg.9bc598f7ccb46db38f235d4209992cd1.jpg

Just now, BenjaminBreeg said:

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Or do you have an eye problem? What part of the highlighted quote did you not understand? It's not my responsibility to ensure that you have attained a minimum level of reading comprehension to function properly in society.

841140424_Screenshot2024-01-07at8_39_41PM.thumb.jpg.9bc598f7ccb46db38f235d4209992cd1.jpg

Stop wasting your time I cut your dumb poo off after “Sacks are not on the Oline” Statement.. You can keep wasting post but I’m just shitting on you and not reading anything you say at this point..