• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

1 hour ago, CAPantherFan said:

This is the correct answer.  All the other answers are just hysterical boo hooing.  

35 minutes ago, recceice said:

I’m sorry I can be objective and understand that the player could be bad but I know the situation was.. I have only seen 1 rookie carry a bad Oline (injuries) bad Wr group and bad play calling.

And if I’m being objective at least Cam had a better offense to work with..

I agree with those who say he was the wrong choice at #1 (CJ was obviously it), and by picking Bryce, we gave up too much.  I also think Stroud would have looked very similar if he were picked #1 by the 2023 Panthers

Where I disagree is that he is devoid of talent and possibly not the second best QB in from the past draft.  This season was abysmal in every aspect of the offense.  Truly, if we learned anything from this season is that there was nothing good from the offense as far as coaching, player development, and game preparation.  Bryce showed small flashes, but he never got a chance behind our O-line running a protection scheme that did not fit their abilities.  Incorporate in the fact Bryce was with out his starting guards all season, he was going to struggle.  Stroud would struggle.  AR would struggle.

I really think just handing his the starting job as the anointed one was a mistake.  Dalton should have had the real opportunity to push Young.  Going into year two obviously we stick with Bryce, but he needs to know that the new coach should not be afraid to insert a veteran QB of their choosing in there is not visible improvement.  It would be unfair and unwise to cut bait now.  Like some people have pointed out, maybe Bryce is good enough to get us #1 in 2025.  If so, it may be the best gift he could give us.

Improvement will be the main theme for 2024-25.  Fans are clamoring for improvement.  There are some bones to build from on this team.  Most are on defense, but with the right coach and good mid to bottom of roster FA signings we can show significant improvement.  7 - 8 wins would do so much for our team and Bryce.

30 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Show me the plays that he passed form under center that wasnt a screen or a roll out on play action. It has nothing to do with being in my feelings. He cannot do it. 

He was a major contributing factor in us only winning two games. We werent winning the super bowl even if we had the best QB in the league, but we could have done a hell of a lot better than 2 wins. 

It's physics, the closer he gets to the back of his linemen the worse his vision gets. He's already got a below average arm and then he has to throw from 5-10 yards deeper than if he could stand/step up in the pocket so it all relates to why he's got defenses not respecting him 20 yards past the los. Don't understand BY supporters lol, either they were gung-ho all in pre draft or they're just taking a debate stance just for something to do. He severely limits any coaches playbook, it was incredibly embarrassing the first time Reich took him out for old ass Dalton to run a qb sneak, downhill from there

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's physics, the closer he gets to the back of his linemen the worse his vision gets. He's already got a below average arm and then he has to throw from 5-10 yards deeper than if he could stand/step up in the pocket so it all relates to why he's got defenses not respecting him 20 yards past the los. Don't understand BY supporters lol, either they were gung-ho all in pre draft or they're just taking a debate stance just for something to do. He severely limits any coaches playbook, it was incredibly embarrassing the first time Reich took him out for old ass Dalton to run a qb sneak, downhill from there

Speaking of Josh Allen just made a diving qb sneak that was literally the only play that would get them a 1st down. We would have ran the ball from shotgun into a wall 

Edited by Jackie Lee
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

So now it can't be a screen or roll out? 🙄 

You acknowledged that no team passes exclusively from under center. Probably 5% of passes at most. Why does it even matter?

It makes our play calling incredibly predictable, but we have already been over this. We are just talking in circles at this point. 

Have fun getting your hopes up for Bryce going into next season but I have seen enough of him to last a lifetime. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We cant run a normal pass offense because little man has to be 10 yards behind the OL to see the field which creates easy lanes for the pass rush to eat him alive. Couple this with the fact he cannot pass accurately over 15 yards down field and it is a recipe for disaster. 

There’s no such thing as easy pass rush lanes, the o line is just horrible at all phases.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Speaking of Josh Allen just made a diving qb sneak that was literally the only play that would get them a 1st down. We would have ran the ball from shotgun into a wall 

Now, THAT is a franchise QB, he makes his teammates better. Bryce just does what the team allows him to do. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 33inNC said:

Now, THAT is a franchise QB, he makes his teammates better. Bryce just does what the team allows him to do. 

Did you watch rookie Josh Allen? You’re comparing a 5 year all pro to a rookie that didn’t come into the best spot.

Edited by Panthercougar68

2 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

Even prime Brees could qb sneak and leap over piles. I will never understand the Brees comparison they play nothing alike and are obviously different sizes

Edited by Jackie Lee
  • Beer 1

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Did you watch rookie Josh Allen?

Yep, even though he struggled, he has physical traits that Bryce will never have. That is the rub here, Bryce is just not physically talented enough and the brainfart that runs this organization could not see it. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Did you watch rookie Josh Allen? You’re comparing a 5 year all pro to a rookie that didn’t come into the best spot.

If Josh Allen was BY's size he would have been out of the league or maybe a backup 3 years ago

• Flames 2