• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who played their last game for the panthers today?

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

with this WR and OL? hahahaha

Yea, they probably could have actually. Dalton is an NFL caliber QB. Did you not notice the one game he played the passing offense seemed to work? 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3

Just now, hepcat said:

Yea, they probably could have actually. Dalton is an NFL caliber QB. Did you not notice the one game he played the passing offense seemed to work? 

Dude, no. Just no. It was against an awful defense plagued by injuries and one of the TDs was a busted coverage that even Chark didn't fumble. Bro put up 6 YPA, that's not a great working offense.

Remember the Packers game? That can make a difference.

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Dude, no. Just no. It was against an awful defense plagued by injuries and one of the TDs was a busted coverage that even Chark didn't fumble. Bro put up 6 YPA, that's not a great working offense.

Remember the Packers game? That can make a difference.

You’re deluded as hell if you don’t think this team wouldn’t have won more games with Dalton starting all the games 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You’re deluded as hell if you don’t think this team wouldn’t have won more games with Dalton starting all the games 

I think we beat Falcons twice, Saints once, Bucs once, Texans, Vikings, Bears, and maybe the Colts with Dalton. Not that Dalton is good but it was one of the easiest schedules I can remember. 

• Pie 3

If you watch the OL carefully, we were running wide because our Guards SUCKED.  Pass protection broke down through A and B gap most of the time.  Chark is not a good route runner.   I keep Smith-Marsette, Mingo, Theilen (slot) and I let the rest walk.  TEs?  I make Tremble my #1, let the rest go.   Ricci was good as a receiving TE, so I may keep him as the #3 or #4 TE.  I might consider moving BC to LT and Ickey to LG--but I think I would let them compete for the job in camp.  I bring in a stud RG.  Moton's deal has to be reworked.  I would draft a top WR and I would sign good route runners who can catch the ball. 

Let's face it, they are not giving up on Bryce in 1 year.  Give him time and some open WRs and TEs, he is fine.  Vilma said something brilliant--they are predictable.  The run does not set up the pass (based on formation).  Bryce had no chance of being successful, and he wasn't successful, some of you with keen knowledge of the NFL QB position have been very kind enough to repeatedly point that out.  Let's see what happens--you might be right, but I have always said the QB should be the last thing you put in place.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

If you watch the OL carefully, we were running wide because our Guards SUCKED.  Pass protection broke down through A and B gap most of the time.  Chark is not a good route runner.   I keep Smith-Marsette, Mingo, Theilen (slot) and I let the rest walk.  TEs?  I make Tremble my #1, let the rest go.   Ricci was good as a receiving TE, so I may keep him as the #3 or #4 TE.  I might consider moving BC to LT and Ickey to LG--but I think I would let them compete for the job in camp.  I bring in a stud RG.  Moton's deal has to be reworked.  I would draft a top WR and I would sign good route runners who can catch the ball. 

Let's face it, they are not giving up on Bryce in 1 year.  Give him time and some open WRs and TEs, he is fine.  Vilma said something brilliant--they are predictable.  The run does not set up the pass (based on formation).  Bryce had no chance of being successful, and he wasn't successful, some of you with keen knowledge of the NFL QB position have been very kind enough to repeatedly point that out.  Let's see what happens--you might be right, but I have always said the QB should be the last thing you put in place.

When the QB cant play under center and cant throw down the field with accuracy...you're play calling will be predictable.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Yep...

Chark

Mile Sanders

CJ Henderson

Adam Thielen (maybe)

TMJ

Ian Thomas

Gross-Matos

Xavier Woods

Burns

Haynes

Stephen Sullivan

Troy Hill (played well but he'll go elsewhere)

Chinn (maybe)

Deshawn Williams

This is a good list.  Give Thielen another year.  Everyone else gets bus tickets.