• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From Athletic joe person on Fitterer and GM candidates

Will Scott Fitterer be back?

The feeling around the league is that Tepper will be hiring replacements for both Frank Reich and Fitterer, the former Seattle Seahawks personnel executive who succeeded Marty Hurney in 2021. The Panthers have gone 14-37 since Fitterer arrived, a .275 winning percentage that is the NFL’s lowest over that span.

Matt Rhule had final roster say during Fitterer’s first two years, so it was tough to say exactly who was calling the shots. But Fitterer had no impediments this year, when he failed to surround Young with enough playmakers or build adequate depth along the offensive line.

Tepper has fired a lot of coaches — football and soccer — and team officials over his six seasons as owner. But he’s never cleaned house and hired a head coach and GM at the same time. That streak could be ending.

Who gets the job, if it’s available?

Assistant general manager Dan Morgan, who’s close with Fitterer and worked with him in Seattle, seems to have positioned himself to hold a key role during any transition period. That doesn’t necessarily mean Morgan will be promoted to GM, but he could be considered.

Tepper interviewed 15 candidates before Fitterer was hired, several of whom have since become GMs elsewhere. One candidate from 2021 to keep an eye on is Kansas CityChiefs vice president of football operations Brandt Tilis, who has a background in analytics (of importance to Tepper), salary-cap management and roster strategy.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheBigKat said:

Analytics is what got us Bryce Young

Tepper will NEVER learn

That’s incorrect.  Analytics said Bryce has the biggest chance to go bust in the NFL.  Tepper has used almost no analytics when making a football decision.  He’s been going with his gut and that’s why we are where we are.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

https://x.com/panthersontap/status/1744166173481082940?s=46&t=sZBAMdzLph5zbmPd88saXg

was this in the article, I’m not subscribed to the athletic?

E1DBC0EB-6757-4D35-A232-C50444821F5B.jpeg

Yep, Bill is interested in the job so sounds like he’s top 3 choice.  They said Johnson makes the most sense as Johnson and Evero have the same agents and are perfect match.

Tepper likes to swing big, so don’t rule out Bill Belichick if he and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft cut ties. I’m told Belichick has asked others about Tepper and the Panthers’ situation. But like Johnson, Belichick figures to have other opportunities.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Yep, Bill is interested in the job so sounds like he’s top 3 choice.  They said Johnson makes the most sense as Johnson and Evero have the same agents and are perfect match.

Tepper likes to swing big, so don’t rule out Bill Belichick if he and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft cut ties. I’m told Belichick has asked others about Tepper and the Panthers’ situation. But like Johnson, Belichick figures to have other opportunities.

Thanks! I find it interesting most of main stream media say no one is connected to us, someone’s gotta come here lol.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

https://x.com/panthersontap/status/1744166173481082940?s=46&t=sZBAMdzLph5zbmPd88saXg

was this in the article, I’m not subscribed to the athletic?

E1DBC0EB-6757-4D35-A232-C50444821F5B.jpeg

Yes but it is a lengthy article and with copyright didn’t want to pull it all

It talked about Morgan too but not necessarily as THE GM 

it mentioned Bellinchek

…just found the KC connection a good one 

hey, at least they are winners.  Go there or the 49ers or Detroit or Ravens 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

BB and Bryce Young sounds like a disaster pairing.

Hell for all we know BB might sign Jimmy G to be his QB.

Do you want this Panthers Nation?

I want Harbaugh, but I doubt that happens. lol 

• Pie 2

If I'm Evero the only way I consider staying in Carolina is as HC. Otherwise I'd tell the team to fugoff. He was the only who brought some level of dignity to the team.

Edited by csx

42 minutes ago, csx said:

Don't think analytics would have pointed to Bryce Young. 

What if you weighed the S2 test very highly? The thing about "analytics" is that you can create a system that spits out the results of your choosing if you're blind to your confirmation bias.

• Flames 1