• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hiring a minority coach is literally the fulfillment of the rule.

Right but if it's an internal candidate from what I understand from the Vegas situation you still have to interview two outside minority candidates 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I think it's very unlikely we hire a better coach than Vrabel. The only problem is it sounds like he kind of wanted out of Tennessee because they're totally tearing it down (which makes sense). What he would be working with here is also a complete and total rebuild. But it is kind of tough to find his landing spot now that NE is out of the question. I've heard Vegas but their players badly want AP.

Vrabel is Ron Rivera. Change my mind

• Pie 2

I wouldn't be upset if we didn't hire Vrabel because there are other options I feel good about. But this team hasn't been to the playoffs in going on 7 years and we are currently the worst in the league by a significant margin. This franchise doesn't have a history of being a perennial contender either. Can't really keep a straight face and talk poo about Vrabel. If your argument is we can do better alright fair enough. If your argument is he is Ron Rivera I'm calling shenanigans. Ron was on the hot seat in year 2 for being a conservative dinosaur with Cam Newton who then proceeded to save his ass. Ryan Tannehill is the best QB Vrabel has had. If we're going to make comparisons let's at least be fair about it.

In the end I'd be fine with rolling the dice on Slowik or just hiring Evero or MacDonald from the Ravens.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is the best coach on the market in years you are kidding yourself.

I guess if Harbaugh left michigan he would surpass vrabel but that hasnt happened.  Vrabel has a high floor and really high ceiling. 

2 straight losing seasons.

Kid yourself.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

No coach has done more with less. That's a brutal roster he was working with and one where it's clear he didn't have much personnel control over. He was visibly furious when they traded AJB on draft night.

Mike Tomlin has done it for years.

Sorry I don't want to hear excuses.