• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is absolutely no way you know what the league thinks of bryce.  I dont either, I just know what I watched for the past 16 games with him.  Dont pretend you know the pulse of the nfl in regards to young, I do know that if he was on any other nfc south team we would be laughing our collective asses off at this point.

I suspect we will get a glimpse of what folks think of him during interviews.  Whatever might leak or whoever potentially may pass

So you’re saying I can’t literally watch a sports analysis show or podcast??

1 hour ago, recceice said:

How many times does it happen?? Every 1 you name I can name 3 where it didn’t especially after 1 season…

1. Fields, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold all kept after a regime change..

Your turn..

If you're arguing in favor of Bryce after a regime change those are 3 names you don't want to mention. Darnold was always a bust. Jones has been outplayed by an undrafted FA. Fields would be the only one of the three and even he is called a bust here still by quite a few people.

Even though I'm pessimistic I absolutely l hope BY can put in a heavy offseason working on his game and hopefully bulk up some too. If he were to somehow turn this into a redemption story that would be fantastic. But he has a lot to overcome. We shall see.

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Every coach that interviews will have/need a plan for Bryce Young. The critical answer will be their plan B if and when plan A doesn't work out. Which I suspect that any coach will get 2024 to figure out. I'm sure another qb will be signed off the street as another camp arm will be needed. The only real competition that may come will be for backup qb. The competition for starter will come in 2025 if that is necessary.  Which based on this seasons results looks very much likely to happen. 

This ^^ is literally going to happen.. 

And what’s going to hurt a lot of ppl here is..

There is going to be a lot of candidates wanting to do it..

New regime is not going to be loyal to Bryce but they're not going to be so bold as to push their own guy. They'd be really putting themselves out there if they dump him and then he thrives on other team practically for free. 

1 minute ago, frankw said:

If you're arguing in favor of Bryce after a regime change those are 3 names you don't want to mention. Darnold was always a bust. Jones has been outplayed by an undrafted FA. Fields would be the only one of the three and even he is called a bust here still by quite a few people.

Even though I'm pessimistic I absolutely l hope BY can put in a heavy offseason working on his game and hopefully bulk up some too. If he were to somehow turn this into a redemption story that would be fantastic. But he has a lot to overcome. We shall see.

Not the point of the post please follow the conversation and actually get the context of my statement..

3 minutes ago, recceice said:

What planet do you live on.. 

Even Dalton knew he wasn’t brought here to be competition .. He’s literally said that in interview.. His job is to backup and support BY.. Which he will be doing again next year..

Reich literally tried to bench Young to play Dalton. I said he was already here.

Please keep up the clown act. You are the fan Young deserves

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, recceice said:

This should be the biggest fear .. Not to get into the Daniel Jones predicament.. Stuck in purgatory.. Not bad enough to get the top pick and not good enough to make the playoffs..

We've been there plenty of times before. Its where we've been stuck since about 2017 in our latest iteration of a team. But for now that's where we find ourselves once again. Well, we hope to get there next season.  It's either improvement from Bryce and as a team or 2025 will be a do over in the draft. Except no trading up this time...I hope.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

Just now, Waldo said:

Reich literally tried to bench Young to play Dalton. I said he was already here.

BY got hurt 1st point he wasn’t bench he was injured..

And even if that was true “clown act” the person who made that decision isn’t here.. He was literally fired 11 games into a multi year contract.. The person who fired him is still here.. And probably the biggest BY fan on the planet.. 

When do you figure that out..

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We've been there plenty of times before. Its where we've been stuck since about 2017 in our latest iteration of a team. But for now that's where we find ourselves once again. We'll, we hope to get there next season.  It's either improvement from Bryce and as a team or 2025 will be a do over in the draft. Except no trading up this time...I hope.

Agreed .. I just don’t want the small improvement giving hope into saving the investment at all cost.. If BY doesn’t improve 

Just now, recceice said:

Agreed .. I just don’t want the small improvement giving hope into saving the investment at all cost.. If BY doesn’t improve 

If he improves its better for all involved. If he doesn't its only temporary pain. He will not be the starter in 2025. It's that simple. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Being purposable obtuse is a strange look for him.  But he always seems to pop up to defend bryce

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

And some that dont

And they won’t be getting the job.. 

But please help me out .. Show me a “reputable” football analyst that’s saying BY is the biggest problem in Carolina.. 

I haven’t seen 1 yet..

19 minutes ago, recceice said:

Call it excuses but that’s the reality as seen by most of the league.. You keep living in this Panther bubble thinking the outside world thinks the same way you do.. But it doesn’t..

You know what else doesn't happen? The Panthers getting an elite Oline and a good WR corps. You're going to be defending Young daily until he's off the team. At least you're dedicated.