• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

Rhule ran the ship during his tenure, with Tepper fairly hands off. The Frank and Fitt show was a flaming turd and Tepper stepped in. IF the GM drafts well and the HC shows team improvement I believe Tepper will step back a bit. Is he a bit too hands on? Yes. Is it much different from other owners? Probably not.

• Pie 7

It’s the same thing with Morgan as it was with Fitterer and the rest: we don’t know who put their name on these decisions over the last year and a half, post Rhule.

Since it sucked so bad, and since I have no way to separate Morgan from that mess, for me he has to remain in that group. See you Dan. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Martin said:

Rhule ran the ship during his tenure, with Tepper fairly hands off. The Frank and Fitt show was a flaming turd and Tepper stepped in. IF the GM drafts well and the HC shows team improvement I believe Tepper will step back a bit. Is he a bit too hands on? Yes. Is it much different from other owners? Probably not.

Shidddddddddd Tepper has been running the whole show this whole time

It isn’t as if Dan Morgan knows nothing about football, he could be great at his job if he gets the chance. It’s just, how do we know what to think? We are not in a position to fairly assess his value, really. At least I am not. 

He would be able to hit the ground running, now that I think of it. He knows the lay of Mint Street and the team. Insider’s view style. It may be just as reasonable to think he would be great in the job. Can’t say he doesn’t know football. 

So WTF do we know... 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

So WTF do we know... 

I am fairly certain, based on our previous drafts, that our scouting dept is utter poo, and I am fairly certain that the bulk of our free agent signings are utter poo.  Morgan had a hand in all of that, per his own goddamn words.   So worst case he is incompetent and best case he is simply a yes man that doesnt push back.   Yeah fug that burn it all down

• Pie 1

It’s food for thought. We are missing information on him. Dan knows football and was a great Panther to be honest. I know he was there around Sam Mills so he gets the history and culture, you would think he wants to restore it. 

I definitely understand and go with the cold calculated guilt by association-if not participation viewpoint and there is one way to assure he doesn’t continue that here. I guess it comes down to unless I can be shown otherwise I would agree he can’t stay. 

Edit: I mainly want to hear what any GM applicant thinks about our QB situation. It starts there, and I want to at least hear the words ‘not good enough’ ands 'competition’. I am not gonna be happy at all with a Bryce Young polisher. IOW I am probably going to be unhappy whoever it is, I don’t expect them to hire the person that says what I want to hear.

Edited by strato

There are two reasons why we need a new external GM:

1) There can be no ties to Bryce. He needs to be evaluated without any strings attached from people who were involved in picking him. He needs to earn everything based on his play.

2) Our roster is bad due to poor drafting and FAs. 

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, strato said:

It’s food for thought. We are missing information on him. Dan knows football and was a great Panther to be honest. I know he was there around Sam Mills so he gets the history and culture, you would think he wants to restore it. 

I definitely understand and go with the cold calculated guilt by association-if not participation viewpoint and there is one way to assure he doesn’t continue that here. I guess it comes down to unless I can be shown otherwise I would agree he can’t stay. 

Edit: I mainly want to hear what any GM applicant thinks about our QB situation. It starts there, and I want to at least hear the words ‘not good enough’ ands 'competition’. I am not gonna be happy at all with a Bryce Young polisher. IOW I am probably going to be unhappy whoever it is, I don’t expect them to hire the person that says what I want to hear.

They will throw weapons and protection at him first, but we’re also getting a new HC and a lot of question marks regarding vets the previous regime brought in. I would wager a new HC brings someone familiar or someone that fits their scheme as a backup/competition. Any new GM posed with a question on Bryce will preach patience and improving the situation around him. They aren’t going to come in the door “The kid is buns bruh” 

1 minute ago, Martin said:

1) There can be no ties to Bryce. He needs to be evaluated without any strings attached from people who were involved in picking him. He needs to earn everything based on his play.

thats as clean and as linear as this argument needs to be

quit making excuses for whoever is in charge and clean fuging house

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Honestly who is surprised that Morgan might get the GM position?

Yes men check.

Already know Tepper check.

Tepper can still make decisions check.

Carolina Panthers still fugged check.

Morgan could be good. I'm not sure anyone knows what his level of involvement has been in building this roster with Rhule in charge and then Fit. The issues is Tep has made so many blunders in hiring that its hard to trust any internal candidate, at least until I see it with my own eyes. He does not deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point. 

• Poo 1

23 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Morgan could be good. I'm not sure anyone knows what his level of involvement has been in building this roster with Rhule in charge and then Fit. The issues is Tep has made so many blunders in hiring that its hard to trust any internal candidate, at least until I see it with my own eyes. He does not deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point. 

Rule #1 when trying to change the culture never hire someone who has been around the old staff. Dan sadly has been infected from the people who was fired under Tepper. He's going to be another yes man if Tepper hires him.

• Poo 1

41 minutes ago, Steelo said:

They will throw weapons and protection at him first, but we’re also getting a new HC and a lot of question marks regarding vets the previous regime brought in. I would wager a new HC brings someone familiar or someone that fits their scheme as a backup/competition. Any new GM posed with a question on Bryce will preach patience and improving the situation around him. They aren’t going to come in the door “The kid is buns bruh” 

Then they are yes men, unless they honestly believe it. If they honestly believe that, I don’t want them.

That QB should not be handed the team again with no competition after what he's shown on the field. Where it matters most. 

What do I expect? Same old same old. 

Edited by strato

57 minutes ago, Martin said:

Yes, the team has just been so fuging bad that everyone remotely involved in football ops needs to be gone. Complete overhaul. Including getting Tepper uninvolved. But if Morgan winds up as GM, dumbass Tepper may be even more involved… we’re in for a rough ride and as embarrassingly bad as this year was I don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom yet unfortunately