• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston talent

17 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I think Stroud is a special talent. Point blank. No if, ands or buts. In hindsight, should have been the pick. 

Now that's out of the way. Houston's weapons are playing at a very high level. They are constantly open and constantly have high yards after the catch. A lot of those are very short routes and screens. That isn't because the QB delivered a catchable ball in stride. That's just an explosive player making a play. 

And maybe those guys weren't highly touted prior to the season and are overachieving. But that is due partly to the QB, partly to the offensive line holding up, and mostly (in my opinion) due to scheme and playcalling. 

I don't want to take anything away from what C.J. Stroud and Houston have achieved  this year but I want to wait and see what they do next year before saying they overachieved in 2023. or were just flat out that good.

Strouds Jets game is every Bryce game. The one game stroud is running for his life, he goes 10/23 for 90 yards and a concussion to top it off.

I seriously doubt any other qb would have made it thru the season in Charlotte. The two other horrible OL’s - NYG and TEN have had a Qb carousel. Levis and Jones made it 5-6 games

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Great coaching and an extremely talented QB sure do make a huge difference. 

Tepper can't find a decent talent evaluator to save him from himself and his coaching choices are not much better. I didn't even like the Texan's GM but maybe he has removed his head from his butt now? IDK on that one but holy crap the coaching side is legit. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

23 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I don't want to take anything away from what C.J. Stroud and Houston have achieved  this year but I want to wait and see what they do next year before saying they overachieved in 2023. or were just flat out that good.

If they play the Ravens and Stroud torches them, then I may bow to his greatness 

18 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Strouds Jets game is every Bryce game. The one game stroud is running for his life, he goes 10/23 for 90 yards and a concussion to top it off.

I seriously doubt any other qb would have made it thru the season in Charlotte. The two other horrible OL’s - NYG and TEN have had a Qb carousel. Levis and Jones made it 5-6 games

He apparently had two concussions in that game. The first one happened early in the game, which affected his coordination. Not to mention he had unfamiliar receivers to throw to due to all the injuries. A concussed Stroud throwing to 6th rounders and UDFAs was still better than our super processor.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

He apparently had two concussions in that game. The first one happened early in the game, which affected his coordination. Not to mention he had unfamiliar receivers to throw to due to all the injuries. A concussed Stroud throwing to 6th rounders and UDFAs was still better than our super processor.

That’s not a good sign for someone who took half the hits BY did

4 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Strouds Jets game is every Bryce game. The one game stroud is running for his life, he goes 10/23 for 90  yards and a concussion to top it off.

Stroud had a couple of bad games but was sacked 3, 4, and 5 times in the three games before the Jets game and still threw a total of 900 yards with 6 total TDs... Stroud was hit very frequently and still performed. Let's not act like he had some godly OL.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

I said the same thing. People thinking Dalton would have made it through a full season aren't being realistic. He took a beating in that Seattle game.

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Stroud had a couple of bad games but was sacked 3, 4, and 5 times in the three games before the Jets game and still threw a total of 900 yards with 6 total TDs... Stroud was hit very frequently and still performed. Let's not act like he had some godly OL.

Which is fine, if everyone stops acting like he is a godly qb. He had a nice Dak/Mac/Baker rookie year

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Which is fine, if everyone stops acting like he is a godly qb. He had a nice Dak/Mac/Baker rookie year

He has the best rookie year of all time, arguably. How many rookies lead the league in passing yards per game as well as TD to INT ratio? While also winning their division? With a rookie playcaller? With a rookie head coach? 

It’s just one person. CJ Stroud.