• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apple Vision Pro

Sapper

AI is going to cost millions jobs in the near future. Gen Z/Alpha live in their phones. Everything is going digital. Tech is more important than food to most young people. But I for the life of me can't grasp why companies like Meta and Apple think this is the future. I don't think ANYONE wants to spend hours with a facemask on. You've already seen the commercials. Forget going outside in the fresh air to practice sports! Do it IN YOUR HOME! Forget going to a real beach, do it ON YOUR COUCH! It's crazy.

• Pie 2

I predict that these will go the way of Google Glass.

They will be a minor blip with those folks that like to try to exist on the bleeding edge of tech but ultimately you'll see minimal market penetration and eventually backlash against their public use with restrictions on where and when you can use them - Not in the coffee shop, not on the airplane, not in the grocery store, etc just like we saw with GG.

They dont have a killer app to drive sales.

By all reports it is headache inducing after an hour or so for most users and neck straining for virtually everyone.

Its a tech solution in search of a problem that doesnt exist.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Cullenator said:

I predict that these will go the way of Google Glass.

They will be a minor blip with those folks that like to try to exist on the bleeding edge of tech but ultimately you'll see minimal market penetration and eventually backlash against their public use with restrictions on where and when you can use them - Not in the coffee shop, not on the airplane, not in the grocery store, etc just like we saw with GG.

They dont have a killer app to drive sales.

By all reports it is headache inducing after an hour or so for most users and neck straining for virtually everyone.

Its a tech solution in search of a problem that doesnt exist.

I think there is a reason why Meta, Google, Apple and everyone is sort of on this kick though.  Think it's basically the baby stepping of wanting to combine machine/human.  Hard to see too far down the road but I think they basically want everyone to have access to everything....without having to have a device in your hand. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I think there is a reason why Meta, Google, Apple and everyone is sort of on this kick though.  Think it's basically the baby stepping of wanting to combine machine/human.  Hard to see too far down the road but I think they basically want everyone to have access to everything....without having to have a device in your hand. 

I don't think it's human/machine related, but $$$ related and they're trying to steer the future where they want it to go. Every market is pretty much owned/cornered right now. It's hard to take over one for yourself (even though that lot already does). So why not invent a new one for people?

Think of it this way ... outside of these goggles TV is TV, streaming is streaming, gaming is gaming. They all have their place and all have their rules and regulations. A small company can't usually join the fray and make bank. But ... in imaginary land ... ohhh lordy ... it's wide open. It's been tried before via gaming/PC (I forget the name of the actual game) but Meta wants companies to pay them to start filling up imaginary land. Can't compete with Spotify? Join us at Meta! You can have your own streaming music store! It can look however you want it to look! All of our users will discover you! You can be the new Spotify! It's like a BRAND NEW WORLD. Be the first!

And it's stupid.

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

If millions of jobs go away so will these companies.  Who are they going to sell their garbage too when folks have no jobs/money?

That's why so many at the top are starting to question AI. When is everyone else going to wake up? AI can do the job of hundreds of people. But no ... AI is soooo cool and it's going to create jobs too! We're creating a monster here, people. It's going to be ugly. You've been warned.

On 1/20/2024 at 11:25 PM, cookinwithgas said:

Judging by the commercials, it looks like a way to put a giant iPhone on top of your head

Watching football routes and poo, or top down in hockey/NBA will probably be coming. I mean if Apple and Sports take advantage of this concept. Holy Poo. 

Imagine watching a football game and having a top down of every route and play available right there in real time on your coffee table? 

Edited by Harbingers