• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Playoffs Divisional Round - Games Thread

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It blows my mind that you keep thinking im insulting him. I literally said he's a great QB just not the elite of the elite.

Farve was great but not with the Brady/Manning/Brees tier.

Im just saying Allen is not in the same class as Mahomes. He can still be a good QB, just not someone I would want in clutch situations. His decision making can't be trusted. But we all know the NFL will continue to put him in that same tier. I guess we will have to deal with the Allen hype until he finally beats Mahomes.

These guys will hate it if Lamar wins a ring before Josh. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It wouldn't even have been that close if Mecole Hardman hadn't been dumb 

Chiefs outclassed them for sure, as expected. Had a couple dropped picks too. And if Reid would friggin give Pacheco the ball in that 4th quarter it’s even more of a blowout

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

These guys will hate it if Lamar wins a ring before Josh. 

Not sure why they will hate it. Lamar lowkey doesn't look for attention. Main reason why im such a fan. Guy just plays football. All that hype means nothing at the end of the day.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

Just now, top dawg said:

Because you think that Josh is better.

Where have I ever said that? You're just making up a narrative to fit what you want to believe.

They're both damn good QBs. I have no dog in the fight. I just like watching good football and they both play good football. It's weird watching y'all trying to bandwagon.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It blows my mind that you keep thinking im insulting him. I literally said he's a great QB just not the elite of the elite.

Farve was great but not with the Brady/Manning/Brees tier.

Im just saying Allen is not in the same class as Mahomes. He can still be a good QB, just not someone I would want in clutch situations. His decision making can't be trusted. But we all know the NFL will continue to put him in that same tier. I guess we will have to deal with the Allen hype until he finally beats Mahomes.

Favre was absolutely better than the stat padding loser that Drew Brees was. The only reason Brees won a SB was because the NFL played story mode and gave the Saints Katrina sympathy boost. 

Favre was the type of QB that despite his flaws if you could pick one QB to beat Brady or Manning for one game, he’s the guy you take.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Where have I ever said that? You're just making up a narrative to fit what you want to believe.

They're both damn good QBs. I have no dog in the fight. I just like watching good football and they both play good football. It's weird watching y'all trying to bandwagon.

I ain't bandwagoner, I am a Panthers fan. I appreciate good football and good football players though.

Maybe you weren't talking poo about Lamar during the off-season. If not, you have my apologies.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Because you think that Josh is better.

I think that's a NFL problem. They hype him as this next great QB. They put him on Mahomes level without the rings. For whatever reason he's the guy the NFL wants to be the face of the league. Not sure why that is. 

What's the difference between he and Cam playing style?

Cam was never promoted as the face of the league.

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, being good and able to think in the clutch is the difference between good and elite.  Allen is good, Mahomes is elite.  

This is why QBs who can't flex at the combine will still be an NFL championship QB. They need to be prepared to lead those championship drives. Let the other players around you show their combine flex.

I'll take a Joe Montana, Joe Theismann, Mark Rypien, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Brad Johnson, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson & Nick Foles in the draft any day & load up on elite defensive or freakish offensive talent in the 1st round instead of wasting it on a 1st round QB. The exception will always be a pro athlete pedigree 1st round QB like the Mannings, Luck, or Mahomes who have been around pro sports as a child & come with elite mentors. Any other 1st round QB is going to come up short in the NFL without being dropped into a ready made SB contender with a 1st round luxury pick.

That's how I see it & decades of NFL data continue to prove true.