• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Doesn't Zac Taylor call the plays in Cincinnati? 

As far as the general public is concerned yes, he does call the plays. Just like any other situation where the HC is calling plays but still has an OC, who knows what that mechanism looks like behind the scenes.

Edited by KSpan

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I had read something about Callahan giving us a leg up to get Tee. That's cool, but I still want us to draft a quick-twitch route runner in the draft.

I like that you put route runner.  it seems we don't value this trait too much.  We are looking at players that perform well in college but do not have the route running skills necessary for the NFL. 

I'd rather a good route running speedster than a player that might be faster but runs poor routes. 

• Beer 1

I at least hope we get more information soon regarding second interviews. Interesting to remember last year Gannon and Steichen got hired like the day after the Super Bowl. So if the Ravens make a run to the Super Bowl which they're favored to do, and we end up targeting one of their coordinators an official announcement won't be made until mid February. Which is fine, I really hope we're in no rush to hire a coach just to hire one.

Just now, FuFuLamePoo said:

I at least hope we get more information soon regarding second interviews. Interesting to remember last year Gannon and Steichen got hired like the day after the Super Bowl. So if the Ravens make a run to the Super Bowl which they're favored to do, and we end up targeting one of their coordinators an official announcement won't be made until mid February. Which is fine, I really hope we're in no rush to hire a coach just to hire one.

Not sure it's gonna be today because of the games.

Tomorrow morning, maybe...

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Callahan has been on the head coaching radar for a while now.

Of the GM list, Halaby is the one I'd absolutely not want. The Athletic story about him being part of the toxic atmosphere that helped force Doug Pederson out in Philly reads like an even worse version of the "Hunger Games" story from the Panthers this year.

Brandon Brown would be my favorite at the moment, but I'd hire Dan Morgan before I'd want Halaby.

I agree, a bit uncomfortable with the whole Eagles org and the culture.