• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, emcannon said:

Is GM list final? I’d expect that list to be fluid as things develop

I don’t think that’s the full list. We haven’t heard much about GM. I expect that’s only what some have heard and not the entire list. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Giants were darlings last year. This year, not so much.

This is why it is important for fans to remember how coveted and rare a HC job is, and why 90% of candidates (basically anyone but the very elite who will always have interest from teams) aren't gonna turn down jobs.  I know the Panthers job isn't ideal, but it is still one of 32 positions in the NFL and will pay you a lot of money.  Kafka went from highly-interviewed last year to not getting much interest.  Things change so fast in the NFL that one year you look great, the next year?  Not so much.  Hard for coaches to risk that.

Ben Johnson took the risk and it paid off.  But imagine if the Lions got hit with injuries and their offense finished near bottom of the league.  He wouldn't be as exciting of a candidate.  I still think Johnson decided to stay another year because the energy in the building at Detroit was out of this world.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Mage said:

This is why it is important for fans to remember how coveted and rare a HC job is, and why 90% of candidates (basically anyone but the very elite who will always have interest from teams) aren't gonna turn down jobs.  I know the Panthers job isn't ideal, but it is still one of 32 positions in the NFL and will pay you a lot of money.  Kafka went from highly-interviewed last year to not getting much interest.  Things change so fast in the NFL that one year you look great, the next year?  Not so much.  Hard for coaches to risk that.

Ben Johnson took the risk and it paid off.  But imagine if the Lions got hit with injuries and their offense finished near bottom of the league.  He wouldn't be as exciting of a candidate.  I still think Johnson decided to stay another year because the energy in the building at Detroit was out of this world.

Hence why I'd rather be patient on Slowik 

21 minutes ago, Mage said:

Yeah, in general guys have to take advantage of these HC openings wherever they come, because odds are not good they’ll come around again.

The money is a huge step up, and being a HC pretty much guarantees you some kind of nfl job for life (unless you’re just extremely bad).

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Kafka is not getting a lot of play this season it seems. I was always intrigued by him.

I still am. They were still competitive with a ton of injuries top to bottom and managed to put up some good games with a UDFA italian american stereotype.

They were hampered by talent, much like us, but they still managed to string multiple competent looking outings together throughout the season, something we couldn't do.