• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Steelo said:

Didn’t Mike McDaniel only have 1 interested team? Not making a direct correlation to ability, but situation. 

Yeah I think it was just the Dolphins. It is a bit strange no one else has interviewed Canales, seems like if you are a youngish OC with some success you get a look. Even Thomas Brown got a HC interview.

I would be fine with Canales idk why you guys are suddenly worried about who is or isn't interested. Matt Rhule was a hot name and had interest from multiple teams. Let's not get carried away with the theatrics here.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2

Just now, Wolfcop said:

There is a long list of hires who were not popular at the time that turned out to be the right hires. I don’t care about winning the PC. Let’s win on the field. 

Yeah, the press conference thing is very true, people mocked Dan Campbells' and I remember Sirianni got memed for his run on thing about 'creating systems so we can be fast' or something. Even Mike McDonald people thought wouldnt work because of that conversation he had with Tua, just didnt sound like a HC, but maybe thats a good thing. Rhules press conference the media loved and we all see how that translated.

• Pie 2

Yeah, it is a bit puzzling to me that we have no interviews scheduled past today. Obviously some of the initial people we interviewed are coaching this weekend, but we've seen reports that the Commanders and Falcons are setting up second interviews with Johnson. Falcons with Macdonald and Weaver also. There has been nothing our way about any potential interviews after today.

2 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Yeah, it is a bit puzzling to me that we have no interviews scheduled past today. Obviously some of the initial people we interviewed are coaching this weekend, but we've seen reports that the Commanders and Falcons are setting up second interviews with Johnson. Falcons with Macdonald and Weaver also. There has been nothing our way about any potential interviews after today.

Yeah, Im surprised we dont have anything with Slowik, maybe he told us nah Im all set. Demeco Ryans Im sure is in his ear after he declined us and his thing about 'making sure Bobby goes somewhere he can be effective'. Felt like a direct reference to the Panthers lol.

Edited by Samppson

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Joe Person mentioned something about maneuvering yesterday. I guess implying some people are playing their cards close, maybe throwing some smoke here and there. Also something of note is both interviews today satisfy Rooney Rule requirements so next steps may be after that’s out of the way unless someone blows them away. But I’m not telling you anything you haven’t seen or heard here you’re pretty active in this thread. I just think something’s up to go from a candidate pool of 11-12 down to just 3 is suspicious. Especially with his man crush still not hired elsewhere (and in the playoffs granted) 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, thefakemjl said:

There hasn't been a single report that we are attempting to get a second interview with BJ. I'm 99.9% sure he politely told us to kick rocks after our virtual meeting.

I read two days ago that the Commanders were flying a full contingent via private jet   to Johnson for an interview 

you know, sometimes,  not getting what we think we want is a blessing 

I get the guy is a fine coordinator…he also has exceptional players around him who execute at a high level

…but what makes that team go is Campbell…

there is no telling how a coordinator will do as a head coach or a headcoach who holds onto coordinator duties…the successful ones, can be counted on one hand 

besides all of that, what would benefit Johnson to come here …maybe it’s too many issues for him when his path could be much smoother in DC 

28 minutes ago, thefakemjl said:

Got you. We’ve been fairly tight lipped about this so I’m not sure if we have one or not. But maybe he said no thanks. If we have one, I think we’ll hear about it the same day.

Im curious about Slowik as well, has he done any second interviews?