• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: The Tepper Graveyard

Mr. Scot

Just now, csx said:

He scouted the transition to 3-4. That we know. We get it Waldo, the Panthers suck but at some point you need to offe lr something beyond repeating 1 of 2 or 3 things over and over again.

We also know the pro personnel he signed as the pro personnel guy and it was awful.

There is nothing else to offer because that is all we are given and if people are already making up cope then it needs to keep being said apparently. 

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

I wanted to fully clean house but my main question about adding a cap/contract guy, isn't Samir Suleiman still employed here?  Thats entirely what hes done I thought. 

Morgan is a talent evaluator and I say that very loosely.  He thinks the cap is what you wear when it’s raining

• The D 1

11 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I wanted to fully clean house but my main question about adding a cap/contract guy, isn't Samir Suleiman still employed here?  Thats entirely what hes done I thought. 

It's honestly probably just Tepper pushing more analytics into the system. He doesn't see the issue as player evaluation problems but some number his people need to find to make it all work. It's been a common theme with him trying to mine the magical numbers that help turn his failures into success. 

No idea what SS is doing anymore. The contracts have looked like crap after the Moore extension so maybe not having him handling contracts anymore is a good thing. 

Edited by Waldo

"The two bought homes in the same neighborhood, went on scouting trips together and were key decision-makers for an organization that went an NFL-worst 14-37 over the last three seasons.

That kind of ugly record usually earns everyone a pink slip, not a promotion."

That is a damming quote.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I love how some claimed Caldwell and Frank were BFFs and Morgan and Fitterer were BFFs.  

They were...and by all accounts still are.

From the article (quoted above)

Morgan worked alongside Fitterer for eight seasons with the Seattle Seahawks, which coincided with the best stretch in that franchise’s history. After a three-year stint with Brandon Beane in Buffalo, Morgan returned to Charlotte as the assistant GM in 2021 four months after Fitterer was hired. The two bought homes in the same neighborhood, went on scouting trips together and were key decision-makers for an organization that went an NFL-worst 14-37 over the last three seasons.

Similarly, if you go back to interviews with Morgan when he was first brought aboard, you'll see lots of talk about their relationship, including Morgan crediting Federer with teaching him how to evaluate players.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Morgan worked alongside Fitterer for eight seasons with the Seattle Seahawks, which coincided with the best stretch in that franchise’s history. After a three-year stint with Brandon Beane in Buffalo, Morgan returned to Charlotte as the assistant GM in 2021 four months after Fitterer was hired. The two bought homes in the same neighborhood, went on scouting trips together and were key decision-makers for an organization that went an NFL-worst 14-37 over the last three seasons.

Similarly, if you go back to interviews with Morgan when he was first brought aboard, you'll see lots of talk about their relationship, including Morgan crediting Federer with teaching him how to evaluate players.

Scared Asustad GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

yeah, the Game of Thrones reporting with everyone stabbing folks in the back....and then Caldwell/Morgan left standing with their best friends taking the big hit under the bus really screams best friends for life lol. 

Rich folks in the same field, landing in a new town, and ending up in the same neighborhoods....also isn't some cold hard fact they are blood brothers.  They scouted folks together? Sounds like that was....there literal jobs.  I don't know what they are.  I don't care.  I know the NFL is a nasty business.  I know colleagues being friendly with each other doesn't actually mean anything in the grand scheme.  Because part of that, is just doing the job. 

It certainly sounds like an overly pimped narrative that people made and ran with as they tried to convince themselves that Tepper had it "figured out" going into last season.   The dream staff bologna they sold hard.   Jim Caldwell IMO is giant red flag to this narrative you pimped.  Hindsight is now showing that it is an easy educated guess.....Caldwell likely was someone feeding Tepper stuff and going behind Frank's back and one of the Game of Thrones players.  Which is why he is now employed to continue to consult and advise for Tepper. 

• Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

yeah, the Game of Thrones reporting with everyone stabbing folks in the back....and then Caldwell/Morgan left standing with their best friends taking the big hit under the bus really screams best friends for life lol. 

Rich folks in the same field, landing in a new town, and ending up in the same neighborhoods....also isn't some cold hard fact they are blood brothers.  They scouted folks together? Sounds like that was....there literal jobs.  I don't know what they are.  I don't care.  I know the NFL is a nasty business.  I know colleagues being friendly with each other doesn't actually mean anything in the grand scheme.  Because part of that, is just doing the job. 

It certainly sounds like an overly pimped narrative that people made and ran with as they tried to convince themselves that Tepper had it "figured out" going into last season.   The dream staff bologna they sold hard.   Jim Caldwell IMO is giant red flag to this narrative you pimped.  Hindsight is now showing that it is an easy educated guess.....Caldwell likely was someone feeding Tepper stuff and going behind Frank's back and one of the Game of Thrones players.  Which is why he is now employed to continue to consult and advise for Tepper. 

Yeah, sure.

I know you're not one to let actual facts cloud your narrative, so... 😄

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, sure.

I know you're not one to let actual facts cloud your narrative, so... 😄

please, feel free to lecture me some more on what great friends Reich and Caldwell are.....and how you factually you know Frank wasn't forced into doing things by Tepper when he took the job lol. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

please, feel free to lecture me some more on what great friends Reich and Caldwell are.....and how you factually you know Frank wasn't forced into doing things by Tepper when he took the job lol. 

Nah 😄

Between your own admission that you like to argue dumb sh-t, also the fact that a lot of the arguments you put up tend to be dumb sh-t, and throwing in that you'll ignore actual reports in favor of your own uninformed theories, I don't feel the need to waste time and effort with you.

Maybe another time...

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, Zod said:

So y'all don't understand that Dan Morgan has been steadily rising the ranks of NFL front offices for over a decade now? 

He rose thru the ranks, made it to assistant GM and sucked.

Then he was promoted just for the hell of it. 

Seems to me he was riding coattails on good teams. 

Would you hire a assistant from a team with a losing record over the past 5 seasons to be your GM? It doesn't make any sense at all. 

How many of the Patriots, Cards, or Commanders guy are being interviewed for open GM positions? 

These guys are normally hired away from successful franchises, not dumpster fires. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1