• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Conference Championship Games

8 hours ago, frankw said:

If anyone wants to stamp some level of social progress to it I guess if that's your way of coping cool.

Taylor Swift is worth 1.1 billion. The NFL brings in billions annually. It's great publicity for both parties. And both will only increase profits because of it.

It's always been and will always be....about the Benjamins.

BTW. Nice avatar. What's your favorite boot flavor???

Why would I need to cope? Swift being at games or the camera panning to her doesn’t bother me at all. 

As for your last part, what are you on about? You ok? 

9 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Yeah, Whoaa is a classic "what's cool at the moment" type of fan. Notice last night he talked much more about how amazing Mahomes was than he did anything about Lamar (who he hyped up all season). I'm shocked he still has the Deion avatar.

That said, GTFO to anyone who will not watch the SB just because it's KC and SF lol. Bunch of ninnies. Some stupid pop singer? Really? That's one of the reasons you won't watch? She is in your head wow! And the world's too I might add. We've already seen the government start to take a long look at AI, but thanks to the nude AI pics of her ... now they're really worried about AI lolololol. This girl is making football fans angry, making money for KC and the NFL, and might get us all the AI regulations we need hahaha. Nuts!

Also, I get it. We used to be in SF's division. And you wear your Panthers jersey with pride. But come on, man. That was AGES ago. And if Cowboys, Steelers, 9ers, etc. fans can cause you so much angst that you may not even watch the biggest game of the year? That says more about you than anything else. People rag on me for disliking Cam. That's all ON ME. But I'd still watch the SB if he was in it playing for another team. Then you have the constant hate for Purdy. Whyyyy? He's such a fun story. Who cares if he has an elite team. Are you that jealous?

Get some fresh air, people. I'm about to after writing this rant lol.

Sports fans/people seem to just be mad at everything in 2024. Luka drops 73 and everybody immediately goes 'Because nobody plays defense! :angry emoji face: 'This is why I don't watch the NBA' etc etc. Though something about Taylor is unsettling, and I can really understand why people would rather not watch a game than be exposed to her for a cumulative 2 minutes. The Purdy hate makes zero sense. People should be rooting for a mediocre QB to succeed, to deemphasize the QB position since only 4 teams have a shot any given year. He can completely break the blueprint of 'how you win a championship' and people hate him because....he has a good team around him lol. And this is despite the fact that the 49ers drafted a guy at 3 that had 'all of the tools' and he was ass in this same system. People say 'any QB' would succeed in SF and completely ignore how Trey Lance was for some reason. Its just all very odd.

• Pie 4

13 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Sports fans/people seem to just be mad at everything in 2024. Luka drops 73 and everybody immediately goes 'Because nobody plays defense! :angry emoji face: 'This is why I don't watch the NBA' etc etc. Though something about Taylor is unsettling, and I can really understand why people would rather not watch a game than be exposed to her for a cumulative 2 minutes. The Purdy hate makes zero sense. People should be rooting for a mediocre QB to succeed, to deemphasize the QB position since only 4 teams have a shot any given year. He can completely break the blueprint of 'how you win a championship' and people hate him because....he has a good team around him lol. And this is despite the fact that the 49ers drafted a guy at 3 that had 'all of the tools' and he was ass in this same system. People say 'any QB' would succeed in SF and completely ignore how Trey Lance was for some reason. Its just all very odd.

No backhanded compliments! If Lamar Jackson was on the 49ers and did everything that Purdy did on Sunday, people would be saying that he's the next best thing since sliced bread. That goes for Josh Allen also (but people already give him his praise...)

Edited by top dawg

On 1/28/2024 at 10:34 PM, OneBadCat said:

Yeah he would. Cam never had Kelce or Hill.

Huh? Did you forget Olsen? He was the first TE with 3 straight 1000 yard seasons before Kelce broke that record. I will say Kelce is better but Cam had a great TE for his playoff run. WRs are another story.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Huh? Did you forget Olsen? He was the first TE with 3 straight 1000 yard seasons before Kelce broke that record. I will say Kelce is better but Cam had a great TE for his playoff run. WRs are another story.

This. Olsen was a stud TE. Our WRs were a consistent issue but Greg Olsen was that dude at TE.

Olsen is a panthers legend for sure but at this point is it even arguable that Kelce isn’t the greatest TE in NFL history? 

If he gets another ring this year he will have one less than gronk but his numbers are straight up better besides total touchdowns. If Kelce plays for 2-3 seasons he will surpass gronk on that one too. 

5 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

Olsen is a panthers legend for sure but at this point is it even arguable that Kelce isn’t the greatest TE in NFL history? 

If he gets another ring this year he will have one less than gronk but his numbers are straight up better besides total touchdowns. If Kelce plays for 2-3 seasons he will surpass gronk on that one too. 

I think there have been more dominant TEs. Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Gronk. Kelce also hasn't had a year where he had to play with a terrible QB, and guys like Tony Gonzales played in an era where getting the TE involved in the passing game wasn't a focal point.  

47 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

I think there have been more dominant TEs. Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Gronk. Kelce also hasn't had a year where he had to play with a terrible QB, and guys like Tony Gonzales played in an era where getting the TE involved in the passing game wasn't a focal point.  

Tony has better career stats right now but I think Travis catches him when it’s all said and done. But what isn’t a question is the post season stats. I don’t think there has been a single more dominant TE than Kelce and the numbers prove it. 

one less game than gronk and already has passed him in numbers. If he adds one or two more rings it’s no even debatable.

6 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

Its definitely arguable.

Kelce is good, no doubt.  But having Mahomes and Reid help him a lot.  Put prime Gonzales in Kelce's position, and he would have as good or better numbers.  

7 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Its definitely arguable.

Kelce is good, no doubt.  But having Mahomes and Reid help him a lot.  Put prime Gonzales in Kelce's position, and he would have as good or better numbers.  

So Gronks numbers don’t count cause he had Brady and McDaniels? I don’t buy that line of reasoning. 

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, top dawg said:

No backhanded compliments! If Lamar Jackson was on the 49ers and did everything that Purdy did on Sunday, people would be saying that he's the next best thing since sliced bread. That goes for Josh Allen also (but people already give him his praise...)

Lamar is about to be a 2 time MVP without those weapons on the 49ers.

Lamar is not going to get credit until he wins a SB. It's why damn near the entire thread went crazy when he loss. People also want to root against Lamar as much as others don't want to admit it.

I don't agree with people on ESPN a lot, but Dan Orlovsky made a great point when he said people who look like Lamar, talk like Lamar, dress like Lamar aren't supposed to win a SB. Orlovsky played in the NFL if he's admitting this is the buzz around the NFL believe him!

Lamar failed. But so did the other great QBs. Manning couldn't beat Brady for years yet he's still considered as one the better QBs to ever play.

31 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lamar is about to be a 2 time MVP without those weapons on the 49ers.

Lamar is not going to get credit until he wins a SB. It's why damn near the entire thread went crazy when he loss. People also want to root against Lamar as much as others don't want to admit it.

I don't agree with people on ESPN a lot, but Dan Orlovsky made a great point when he said people who look like Lamar, talk like Lamar, dress like Lamar aren't supposed to win a SB. Orlovsky played in the NFL if he's admitting this is the buzz around the NFL believe him!

Lamar failed. But so did the other great QBs. Manning couldn't beat Brady for years yet he's still considered as one the better QBs to ever play.

It is not the fact that he lost. It is how he lost. It was another playoff dud game from him. If he had played well and they still lost, the discussion would have been very different.