• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Conference Championship Games

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It'd make for an interesting SB for sure. Great QB with a flawed team vs. great team with a flawed QB.

My money would probably be on the QB. 

I think this is the likely SB....  I think it would be the closest possible matchup....

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It'd make for an interesting SB for sure. Great QB with a flawed team vs. great team with a flawed QB.

My money would probably be on the QB. 

Curious, what aspect of Purdys game do you think is flawed? Arm strength?  I've been trying to find reasons to hate on the guy but can't lol. I think he is a gamer.

3 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

I would find it really disheartening if this Chief team wins the SuperBowl again. They aren't a good team at all, but they have the best QB so that is all that matters. What is even the point

What are you talking about 'not a very good team'? Not as good a receiving corps as years past, true, but the defense has been legit almost all season, Mahomes elevates the entire offense, and they have hit their stride these past weeks.

That said, I get the Chiefs fatigue. It's a final four with 3 teams that get a lot of press and then the Lions as the only real interesting twist.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This years Chiefs are just proof of how colossal a difference just a QB and Coach can make. Reid rebranded their entire offense from a year or two ago and they are doing it with no name receivers. You really think Rice would produce if he was on Carolina? LOL. 

They also always have a sturdy O-Line. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

What are you talking about 'not a very good team'? Not as good a receiving corps as years past, true, but the defense has been legit almost all season, Mahomes elevates the entire offense, and they have hit their stride these past weeks.

That said, I get the Chiefs fatigue. It's a final four with 3 teams that get a lot of press and then the Lions as the only real interesting twist.

Yes I mean mostly a lackluster offense compared to past years. I legit thought they might miss the playoffs (I'm dumb) 3/4 into the season. Defense mattering again is good news for us though lol

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Curious, what aspect of Purdys game do you think is flawed? Arm strength?  I've been trying to find reasons to hate on the guy but can't lol. I think he is a gamer.

He's just average at best everywhere. He's an average QB surrounded by an elite team. That's still a TREMENDOUS 7th round pick but all that MVP talk was WAY premature. He's a JAG.

28 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Since Marty came back, he and Fitt have been atrocious at just getting the bulk of their rookies selected post round 1 to finish out their rookie deals. 

Hurney was only here for 3 offseasons for his second stint. Fitterer was responsible for extending them. Jeremy Chinn, YGM, Donte Jackson & Ian Thomas are still here.

Average GMs hit an average of 1 player a year. Good GMs (keep them around) hit 2 per year. Great GMs (rare) hit an average of 3 per year.

Bad GMs bomb 1st round picks & the players they trade up for.