• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Wide Receivers

Shocker

First someone please the rename this sub forum to NFL Draft.

Now let’s discuss the WRs available…

This draft thread is ignored by many people but this draft is critical to this team’s success…

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-position-rankings-wide-receivers

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/WR/1/2024

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024WR.php

Please submit your comments on who you like…who the Panthers might have available and your dream scenarios.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

I am starting with my rankings:

1 - Malik Nabors 

2 - MH jr

3 - Odunze

4 - Thomas Jr

5 - Legette

6 - Coleman 

7 - Corley

8 - Franklin

9 - Polk 

10 - Mconkey

11 - Wilson

12 - AD Micthell

13 - Burton 

13 - Worthy

Edited by Shocker

10 hours ago, Shocker said:

I am starting with my rankings:

1 - Malik Nabors 

2 - MH jr

3 - Odunze

4 - Thomas Jr

5 - Legette

6 - Coleman 

7 - Corley

8 - Franklin

9 - Polk 

10 - Mconkey

11 - Wilson

12 - AD Micthell

13 - Burton 

13 - Worthy

Gonna sound like a hypocrite here, but that has never stopped me before.

I see Corley with a third-round grade, so he seems a bit high here.  I think at least 6 WRs go in round 1-- (here it comes) HOWEVER, I see him as an excellent fit here, considering they are building an offense around Bryce Young.  Corley is the best YAC guy in the draft, and reverses, WR screens, quick hitters, etc. will need to be a big part of our offense.  However, we did not have a TE or WR who was built for that kind of thing--Laviska was who they tried to convert to that role, but he spent the year on IR.

I think Corley will be a Panther, taken with pick 101 with some form of a trade up.  I think, depending on free agency, we could draft 2 WRs.

Of course there will be trades, but I see (and this will anger some people if it comes true):

33. Legette (I think he will fall to us at #33)

65.  A CB

101.  Corley

I am not thinking TE because I think the draft is not that deep at TE.  I expect a free agent, or maybe the new system will promote Tremble more and help Hurst return to form.

Not sure what we are doing with the OL, so I hate to pick one.  BC at LG?  Is Corbett all better?  Can Icky learn LT?  Is Moton's contract going to send him packing?  Can Bozeman get it together? 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Gonna sound like a hypocrite here, but that has never stopped me before.

I see Corley with a third-round grade, so he seems a bit high here.  I think at least 6 WRs go in round 1-- (here it comes) HOWEVER, I see him as an excellent fit here, considering they are building an offense around Bryce Young.  Corley is the best YAC guy in the draft, and reverses, WR screens, quick hitters, etc. will need to be a big part of our offense.  However, we did not have a TE or WR who was built for that kind of thing--Laviska was who they tried to convert to that role, but he spent the year on IR.

I think Corley will be a Panther, taken with pick 101 with some form of a trade up.  I think, depending on free agency, we could draft 2 WRs.

Of course there will be trades, but I see (and this will anger some people if it comes true):

33. Legette (I think he will fall to us at #33)

65.  A CB

101.  Corley

I am not thinking TE because I think the draft is not that deep at TE.  I expect a free agent, or maybe the new system will promote Tremble more and help Hurst return to form.

Not sure what we are doing with the OL, so I hate to pick one.  BC at LG?  Is Corbett all better?  Can Icky learn LT?  Is Moton's contract going to send him packing?  Can Bozeman get it together? 

If we end up with Leggette and Corley I will be ecstatic 

• Pie 1

I'm a fan of the draft, yet not being deep enough into the process of evaluation.  I do enjoy this time of year (since we suck), and this year looks to be a deep WR draft according to the draftniks.

I've seen some stuff about Legette that makes him sound like a faster Mingo.  Would that be accurate?  Considering the "struggles" of Mingo this year, is that a good idea?  Since y'all are higher on Legette, what makes you higher on him?

I've seen reports so far that Malik Washington has been dominant at the Shrine Bowl as well as positive reports for Roman Wilson and Ladd McConkey at the fist practice at the Senior Bowl. Tez Walker clocked as the fastest player at Senior Bowl too.

Edited by Untouchable
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

If we end up with Leggette and Corley I will be ecstatic 

Very possible, but then I remember this is pre-Sr Bowl January, and so much will change between now and late April---still, it could happen, the draft is so loaded at WR, something will fall to us.  This is a great draft to get 2 WRs.  I do not think free agency will be the way to go, based on what I think will be there.  Imagine Thielen, Mingo, Leggette, Corley, Smith-Marssette, and UFA Laviska Shenault.  Shenault did not play in 2023 and was not a force in 2022.  However, in Jax in 2020 and 2021 he averaged over 600 yards per season.  His style fits what they say they are going to do with Bryce--so I think he could be the free agent we sign on the the cheap.  TMJ needs to leave, but they could decide to see how he does with Canales.

Yes, with the OL getting healthy, a young group of WRs,  I also think we need a CB. 

I'd be very happy with the 2 WRs, a CB and then draft BPA the rest of the way.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I've seen reports so far that Malik Washington has been dominant at the Shrine Bowl as well as positive reports for Roman Wilson and Ladd McConkey at the fist practice at the Senior Bowl. Tez Walker clocked as the fastest player at Senior Bowl too.

My son went to UNC, but I do not care where a player went to college when I look at pro potential.  I think Tez is a bit of a mystery, a sleeper, who could be very effective in the NFL.  We sure do have a lot of Charlotte area boys (High School) in the draft. 

Malik Washington had 10 games over 100 yards receiving in 2023.  Not too shabby.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

with this WR class being so deep, I've read a team can great value in rds 3-4.  I was our first pick to be WR, and I'm not against another WR later.  All we know we have is Thielen, and he's short term.  

Also, this apparently a good TE class, so if we can't find one at the right spot, 2 wrs makes even more sense.  We need help everywhere, but getting Bryce weapons is the priority in this draft.