• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl Targets

35 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Is this good? Seems… not good?

https://x.com/devyeusuf/status/1754773478509777132?s=46

Ugh, and we drafted Mingo.  I guess we need to take Legette too.  I thought our team was all about analytics?  How in the fug did they miss this?  I knew last year when I watched Mingo film that he could not get separation, either in the route or after the catch.

Hey Tepper, do you have a scouting opening?  I don't need a huge salary. Apparently your guys suck!

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

On 2/4/2024 at 9:20 AM, 45catfan said:

If we are going to force a WR at #33, we very well could be looking at WR7 or WR8.  Screw Fitterer and David Tepper. So disappointing to know where we could be this draft and the crumbs we actually have.  I know, you 'make lemonade out of lemons' and hopefully Dan Morgan can.  As a guy who usually enjoys the draft process, last draft and this one has absolutely sucked for me.

This is a great draft to need a wr.  There will definitely be talent at 33.  This is a deep deep class with lots of different types of receivers.  Wr 7 or 8 doesnt mean much.  Good receivers can hit any time.   Puka Nacua went in the 5th round last year.  What ranking do you think he had going in to the draft?

On 2/4/2024 at 11:37 AM, chbright said:

Then you want Malachi Corley. Dude is a good route runner and a tank. Think deebo or Smitty. He's the guy we have a shot at. At 33, idk, he's likely in a few years in that top 33 from the class, but will go lower. Will he make it to 65, doubt it. But he's a guy in covet. He's a #1 wr, but would likely best live in the slot like deebo and Smitty.

Other on the list is Roman Wilson. He really climbed boards this week as more than an athlete but a wr.  Only guy that beat every CB in 1-1. Quniyon Mitchell otherwise locked everyone else up (he punched his 1st round ticket this week, else I 100% be fine grabbing him at 33 as it's a steal). He's a slot guy

Rice was another standout. Helps to have wr blood too. He's not a top guy, but he's going to make it in the league and be a fine #2/#3 as well. 

Ladd is the guy everyone is over valuing to me. I get it, he has good short area quickness, sinks hips and cuts are best of the lot to get separation on timing routes. He's a #2 or king of the slot guy to me. Ask him to just win deep or contested, not the one I'm looking for. Agree we need another like him other than AT who's getting up there. I'm fine waiting for Pearsall as the same, but bigger version later. Another good route runner, good into/out of breaks, and strong handed. 

I think youre wrong on Ladd.  Im not saying hes going to be a 4.3 guy but i think hes going to be faster than you think.  Also if your goal is to get the ball out in 2.7 seconds every time then I will take quick over fast every time.  All that said I think Ladd will have a fairly uncommon combination of speed and quickness. 

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Ugh, and we drafted Mingo.  I guess we need to take Legette too.  I thought our team was all about analytics?  How in the fug did they miss this?  I knew last year when I watched Mingo film that he could not get separation, either in the route or after the catch.

Hey Tepper, do you have a scouting opening?  I don't need a huge salary. Apparently your guys suck!

It feels like our analytics formulas accidentally flipped the fractions or something like that because we basically did everything wrong.

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

I love slot type receivers. But the Panthers need an outside threat to open up the middle. No one is afraid of our X beating anyone deep. That's crazy in today's NFL with the best athletes in the world and we don't have one.

Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle are both 5'10 180lbs.  The days of having to be 6'4 225 to be an outside receiver are pretty much over.   Especially if you have someone who can run a competent scheme on offense.

52 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle are both 5'10 180lbs.  The days of having to be 6'4 225 to be an outside receiver are pretty much over.   Especially if you have someone who can run a competent scheme on offense.

That's fine. As long as they can play outside. Smitty did it at 5'9".

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Let’s see:

college:

he never once led his own team in yards in college 

had most of his production come vs one poo team

nfl:

this needs to be explained???

0 production 

can’t run routes

runs out of bounds instead of catching perfectly thrown balls

slightly above average speed but y’all act like he’s Tyreek hill

Oh okay so you know pretty much nothing about him then.

So he didn't lead his team in yards last season?

So most of his 1255 yards receiving came against one team last year? Must have benn on hell of a game! How many did he get versus this one team since he got MOST of his yards versus this one team?

Yes, this must 'need to be explained' as far as the NFL goes smart guy:

Tell me about his NFL production and how he has zero since he was in college last year and the damn thread is based upon the digging senior bowl (for college players last I checked?)

Can't run routes? So you scouted all his routes? Did you scout them as good as the rest of your points you make here?

Your points are all bull poo especially where you mention he has no NFL experience. Well, no poo he was in college last year.

And whats this "y'all think he is Tyreek Hill"? Who is "y'all"? If love to see where I ever compared him to Tyreek Hill if you wouldn't my mind showing me. 

Your points are negated by the fact that you are for some odd reason trying to be some sort of analyst that you are most definitely not. The guy has some tools to POTENTIALLY be a solid receiver even though you don't like him for some funny reason like the fact that he has "no NFL stats" yet! Hahaha!! 

Thanks for the laugh genius!

Edited by Ricky Prickles

10 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

This is a great draft to need a wr.  There will definitely be talent at 33.  This is a deep deep class with lots of different types of receivers.  Wr 7 or 8 doesnt mean much.  Good receivers can hit any time.   Puka Nacua went in the 5th round last year.  What ranking do you think he had going in to the draft?

That requires solid scouting to find talent outside the first round. Yes, that was a stab at our scouting department. I liked Nacua, FYI.  I didn't think he'd turn out this good, though.  He's the 'diamond in the rough' player Mart Hurney always felt he drafted, but never did.

Can a good player be had at #33?  Sure.  However, a great player could be had in the top 10 had we stayed put last season where we could be drafting there this April that was my larger point.

Edited by 45catfan

11 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Mingo supposedly interviewed well.   Remember we draft guys based on interviews 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mingo supposedly interviewed well.   Remember we draft guys based on interviews 

I thought is was the RAS?  Personally I look at production.  Why is that so hard for our scouting department to get?  They think they can project a guy to the NFL who has a high RAS, but for some reason was a JAG in college.  Take production over any other metric, period.  I mean a WR can be ripped and live in the weight room, but if he can't run solid routes or can't catch a cold, does it matter how fast or ripped he is? 

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I thought is was the RAS?  Personally I look at production.  Why is that so hard for our scouting department to get?  They think they can project a guy to the NFL who has a high RAS, but for some reason was a JAG in college.  Take production over any other metric, period.  I mean a WR can be ripped and live in the weight room, but if he can't run solid routes or can't catch a cold, does it matter how fast or ripped he is? 

RAS was rhule.  If we still did that young wouldn't have been the pick.  Mingo interviewed well and was athletic but a complete project.   

Mingo's jurt is still out. He wasn't great this season but he wants the worst either. I was disappointed but will reserve judgement for the time being until I see next season. I mean let's face it, he did have Bryce throwing to him and he was awful as well as most everyone else including the pitiful coaching. Hard to make any final decisions on anyone just yet. Need to even see Bryce with actual coaching even though I worry for his future not having the physical tools that most QB's have.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

RAS was definitely Rhule not Fitterer.  I at least preferred that over Fitterer whos strategy was drafting old players that were still somehow "raw" that interviewed well and werent very athletic. 

Edited by Tr3ach