• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s Arm Strength

0kBoomer

Just now, csx said:

It was a great throw but one throw any nfl qb should be able to make. It doesn't change anything else about his physical limitations.

Cool so we agree Bryce has an NFL caliber arm and can make the deep throws a NFL qb should make? 

thank you for agreeing. That’s the point of this thread. You have folks like this CRA fella and this LinvilleGorge guy that are saying it’s “subpar” “can’t make all the throws” etc. 

simply not true. 

16 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

He threw that ball from the 35 yard line and dropped it into a bucket at the 5. 

How can you look at that throw and talk poo? Do you understand what you are watching?

No he didn't throw it from the 35 yard line. I don't know how you all measure distance in Alabama, but for the rest of the country, that ball traveled less than 60 yards in the air. Any NFL starting QB and backups and most any third-stringers and UDFAs can make that throw without looking like he's about to tear off his rotator cuff in the process. 

Did you just start following the NFL this year because Bryce is your favorite QB at Alabama? Bryce may be the best thing to have ever happened in Tuscaloosa to you, but the NFL is a grown men's league, son!

Edited by GhostOfDocAnderson

17 minutes ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

No he didn't throw it from the 35 yard line. I don't know how you all measure distance in Alabama, but for the rest of the country, that ball traveled less than 60 yards in the air. Any NFL starting QB and backups and most any third-stringers and UDFAs can make that throw without looking like he's about to tear off his rotator cuff in the process. 

Did you just start following the NFL this year because Bryce is your favorite QB at Alabama? Bryce may be the best thing to have ever happened in Tuscaloosa to you, but the NFL is a grown men's league, son!

IMG_0999.thumb.jpeg.174eb58baf7a6836d81843415ce8357e.jpeg

get glasses kid. He throws it from the 35 yard line and hits his receiver at the 5. 

Only haters can watch this throw and find some bullshit to spew its crazy. 

I’ve been a fan of this team since 03, unlike you I actually root for my teams players instead of baselessly trashing them. 

Edited by 0kBoomer

24 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

Cool so we agree Bryce has an NFL caliber arm and can make the deep throws a NFL qb should make? 

thank you for agreeing. That’s the point of this thread. You have folks like this CRA fella and this LinvilleGorge guy that are saying it’s “subpar” “can’t make all the throws” etc. 

simply not true.

This facade is just sad. The 2023 season and CJ Stroud really broke ol' poundaway.

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Cam was targeted by Roger Goodell and the NFL. He wasn't given 1/10th the protection that a Manning, Brady or Brees received. He was an upstart young black QB with an infectious smile that loved the game for the game. SB50 and the season opener in 2016 showed that with blinding illumination that that wasn't going to be allowed. 

Glad you have your excuse.

5 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

get glasses kid. He throws it from the 35 yard line and hits his receiver at the 5. 

I’ve been a fan of this team since 03, unlike you I actually root for my teams players instead of baselessly trashing them. 

@poundaway

Lol at the expected responses to the cam comment.

He couldn't hit his receiver in stride regularly at all. Was quite the rarity. 

High. Low.  All day long. 

I will say he could launch that ball with a flick of his wrist while falling backwards.   Young definitely can't do that! Got me there!

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

No, he didn't. If you want to give Bryce a participation trophy, be my guest.  

By the way, were you even alive back in 03? I bet you were but a glint in the milkman's eye back in 2003.

106633017_Screenshot2024-02-02at8_10_28PM.thumb.jpg.91b4fa301da758cc75d68f4ebaf4e166.jpg

1552304354_Screenshot2024-02-02at8_10_35PM.thumb.jpg.777eae8a3fbdf02f3344436cc090b3f3.jpg

Edited by GhostOfDocAnderson

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Lol at the expected responses to the cam comment.

He couldn't hit his receiver in stride regularly at all. Was quite the rarity. 

High. Low.  All day long. 

I will say he could launch that ball with a flick of his wrist while falling backwards.   Young definitely can't do that! Got me there!

Will Bryce be mvp?

14 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Glad you have your excuse.

Cam wasn't protected well by his oline but he wasn't given any of the protections other QBs in the NFL got. Bryce was sacked by fingertips and Cam had guys launching full speed at his head helmet to helmet. Bryce has never taken the kind of hits Cam did. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly