• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Gold and Joe Person on the new GM, HC, and how the Panthers might look next season

On 2/7/2024 at 4:38 PM, Bear Hands said:

Fitterer really screwed up with this Burns situation. It’s looking like a colossal mistake not to have him be the player chip in the Bears trade (that we shouldn’t of even made in the first place)

Fitterer screwed up many things. Genuinely could not evaluate talent or build a roster properly. 

• Pie 1

I think that the past season was definitive about Burns. What more do his staunch defenders need to see? He's a role player and not worth a top five salary, and maybe not even top 10. He may rue the day that he decided 23 mil per wasn't enough. At this point if I were a GM, I'd even be questioning that. 

• Beer 1

On 2/8/2024 at 9:50 AM, Mr. Scot said:

I mean, adding them for a year is pointless, but if you add them long term (Maybe Sans Evans) your prospects for sustained success will go up.  If you are making smart moves, that build continuity and foster growth within the team then those moves aren't bad.  Adding 3rd wave free agents for 1 year prove it deals isn't the recipe for success and we've been doing it year over year to fill the roster.. you don't need to sign an All-Pro every offseason.. but sign ones that will make a positive impact on the team. 

Burns bet on himself and lost. Will he be reasonable? I hope so. But the story is about upgrading some starters and depth. We had no answers when injuries hit. We had too many guys who didn't live up to their salaries. We need more hits like Luvu who blossom instead of rot when they get here. We need some draft picks who show up right away. But no matter the players, the staff have to be on the same page and maximizing the potential we do have.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CRA said:

maybe if the dude behind C was different. 

Nah u would see a Tua type turn around with those weapons and protection. Jefferson and Evans out wide Theilen in the slot. Trent Lt Ickey LG Boze C healthy Corbett Rg Moton RT!! Healthy defense we're DEFINITELY a contender you can't tell me other wise.

38 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

Nah u would see a Tua type turn around with those weapons and protection. Jefferson and Evans out wide Theilen in the slot. Trent Lt Ickey LG Boze C healthy Corbett Rg Moton RT!! Healthy defense we're DEFINITELY a contender you can't tell me other wise.

Tua and Bryce aren't really clones though.  I don't think giving Bryce a bunch of vertical threats is some magic fix.   

2 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

Bryce > Tua

I'm not sure there is a single metric you can argue that point and use. 

and Tua was across the board better as a rookie and the 2020 Phins weren't anything special offensively. 

On 2/7/2024 at 6:54 PM, mc52beast said:

What’s the o/u on how many days Tepper will stay in the background?

Canales probably gets a freebie this year as long as he wins more than 2 games. My guess is mid season next year Tepper will start putting his hands on things his idea of progression isn't being met.

On 2/7/2024 at 4:38 PM, Bear Hands said:

Fitterer really screwed up with this Burns situation. It’s looking like a colossal mistake not to have him be the player chip in the Bears trade (that we shouldn’t of even made in the first place)

Heck let’s offer Burns for DJ straight up. With their draft assets and this years WR class why not.  

would be embarrassing wouldn’t it