• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trent Brown at LT?

11 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This will be his third season under his 4th regime

Let's be honest... this is his upcoming 2nd regime.  Those interim stints weren't program/scheme altering. Let's see what happens with a new OL coach/philosophy.  Offensive scheme def played a part in the abysmal OL play though.

10 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

The whole I want dawgz comment may get some folks juices running, but not mine.

I said after the Morgan-Canales presser that I was impressed with Canales, not Morgan.  That comment scared me, frankly.  I keep referencing a comment I heard a defensive backs coach say to the team when I played in college--(paraphrasing) when we (offense, I was a tight end) were eating their lunch at practice:  "I don't care if you run a 4.4 40 if it takes you a fifth of a second longer to process the play than some guy who runs a 4.6.  I want smart football players."

He later explained the comment to a friend of mine who was a GA coach at the time.  "Rarely are you running 4.4 40s on a football field, but you should always be thinking. Most of the better athletes never really had to compete with anyone when they were younger--success came easy.  The kid who has to use his mind is prepared, and frankly, makes fewer mental mistakes.  Eventually the good athletes rise to a point where they are not more physically gifted, and they have been flat lining for some time.  Meanwhile the kid who studies the game becomes more cunning, and soon he knows what the good athletes are going to do before they do." 

I expected Morgan to take off his shirt barking.  

On the other hand, I used to teach in the high school where Brandon Beane was the QB back in the day.  He and I used to get our cars inspected at the same station on the last day of the month.  It was when he was working under Marty H.  I was not that impressed--nice guy, but I never saw him as a "football mind."  I'd take him back in a minute.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 2/21/2024 at 7:32 AM, bythenbrs said:

BC to LT, Icky to LG.  ‘The answer is already on the roster’. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

i didn't know people were still hooked on this idea BC is a LT. He's not. Thank you for my ted talk.

6 hours ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I'd keep an eye on on Jonah Williams if he makes it to FA. 

My thought exactly. He wants to prove he's a LT, we also want someone to prove they are a LT. I see this as an absolute win. Think he'll cost 10-12 mil per. If he's an average league LT starter that's worth it, imo.