• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Upcoming: 2024 NFL Combine

45catfan

9 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I hear ya. It’s tough to look back the last few years because it has been so bad. It’s hard to get excited when the pressers feel like more of the same. We like Iky at LT. We don’t think Young needs much tweaking and we want to build up around him. If we don’t draft well this year and next year, we are in for completing a full decade of being that worst in the league team. We are 6 years in to a max 7 win team and we are at the lowest point. It’s damn hard not to be tired of this team and get annoyed at the OMG, Morgan wants dawgz woo hoo! crowd.

I’ll throw a coin in the well and wish for Morgan/Canales to right the ship quickly. We need a miracle.

hard to feel super great when so many of the big brains and past decision makers.....are still in house fixing it. 

Tepper and Nicole are constants.  Fitterer's right hand man is now the man.  Game of Thrones mastermind and new hire helper Jim Caldwell is still advising.  Old man Capers still here.   A huge percentage of the old staff is still in house given Evero was retained. New face in the HC just doing standard coach speak.    

this just doesn't feel like a new chapter to me.  Feels like a really bad franchise tweaked something because Frank wouldn't listen to them enough. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

hard to feel super great when so many of the big brains and past decision makers.....are still in house fixing it. 

Tepper and Nicole are constants.  Fitterer's right hand man is now the man.  Game of Thrones mastermind and new hire helper Jim Caldwell is still advising.  Old man Capers still here.   A huge percentage of the old staff is still in house given Evero was retained. New face in the HC just doing standard coach speak.    

this just doesn't feel like a new chapter to me.  Feels like a really bad franchise tweaked something because Frank wouldn't listen to them enough. 

Yeah, I'll believe we've fixed this mess when we start actually winning games. I've heard too much about all the big plans and analytics and new approaches and blah, blah, blah. I'm done buying any of it. Show me you can win NFL football games, period.

I guess the Falcons didn't learn from our mistake.  I heard on sports talk radio the Falcons is one of the teams that intend on interviewing Caleb Williams at the Combine.  He ain't dropping to #8, so.....

Edited by 45catfan

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I guess the Falcons didn't learn from our mistake.  I heard on sports talk radio the Falcons is one of the teams that intend on interviewing Caleb Williams at the Combine.  He ain't dropping to #8, so.....

lol that would be awesome, bears get pitts, the 8th pick, 2024 2nd, 2025 1rst and 2026 2nd.    I mean at some point the stockpiling of talent would simply will you into the playoffs. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Due diligence. The trade wasn't the mistake that we made, it was the pick.

Well, it should've been Burns in the trade not Moore. That was a mistake.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Due diligence. The trade wasn't the mistake that we made, it was the pick.

Well, it should've been Burns in the trade not Moore. That was a mistake.

I disagree.  The trade was an error,IMO.  I was was against it from the rip.  Getting Bryce only compounded it.  Stroud would have struggled here too, but obviously not as bad as Young.  Problem being, we were not a QB away as Fitterer hypothesized...far from it.  I knew it, but our GM at the time seemingly didn't.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I disagree.  The trade was an error,IMO.  I was was against it from the rip.  Getting Bryce only compounded it.  Stroud would have struggled here too, but obviously not as bad as Young.  Problem being, we were not a QB away as Fitterer hypothesized...far from it.  I knew it, but our GM at the time seemingly didn't.

Bad teams are never just a QB away but you don't get to pick and choose when you can land a franchise QB. When the opportunity arises you jump. You don't draft a guy for his rookie year, you draft him hoping he's the answer for a decade plus. We had an opportunity and we shot our shot. We just missed.

GIVE ME ROBINSON!

Still at 285, 6'5 , 34" arms with a sub 5.00 and 35 vert. Good 10 yard split. Let Fiske take the glory, give me D Rob. 

And Eric Watts making money tonight after a solid senior bowl practice week.

Edited by chbright
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, chbright said:

GIVE ME ROBINSON!

Still at 285, 6'5 , 34" arms with a sub 5.00 and 35 vert. Good 10 yard split. Let Fiske take the glory, give me D Rob. 

D Rob looked bad IMHO. The couple drills he did looked really stiff and his explosiveness was non-existent in the 40. Slow time (worst for DEs) and his 10 yard split was slow. Reminds me of Zach Allen and his numbers are similar. Allen went top of the 3rd and has been OK.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bad teams are never just a QB away but you don't get to pick and choose when you can land a franchise QB. When the opportunity arises you jump. You don't draft a guy for his rookie year, you draft him hoping he's the answer for a decade plus. We had an opportunity and we shot our shot. We just missed.

The scouting department projects out over a year in the draft process.  The don't have just "this" year blinders.  It's highly likely they knew how deep this QB draft (2024) would be and got impatient.  Most likely Tepper breathing down their necks, but we'll never know for certain.  Had we just held our water, we'd have all that draft capital back AND Moore, plus a shiny new QB.