• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com said it...

Brokenbad

It seems certain people didn't read the story, and are listening to the voices coming out of their ass. So, here's the story condensed a bit, pay attention to the bolded part...

Carolina is without a first- and fifth-round pick from previous trades, which currently leaves it with only five draft selections, pending the announcement of compensatory picks. On top of that, the Panthers have only signed special teams contributor Wallace Wright in free agency. Does that mean the team will have four undrafted rookies make the team as backups? That almost sounds like an expansion team.

Everette Brown Louis Leonard and Charles Johnson would have been starting on a lot of teams last year had they been there. Not everyone can take over from Julius Peppers, but I'm still not worried.

um, Leonard got cut from the freaking Rams. He was deemed not good enough to hold a roster spot on that sad DL......yet was starter material for a lot of teams?

Can't deny the lack of experience on the team. If you take out Smith, Kasay, and Baker I think the average ammount of experience on the team is a little better than 3.3 years. That said, we've been begging for some these guys for a while now (Connor, Moore stand out there) and even if the team makes no moves outside of the draft this year, it'll be fun the first two games to see if the young'uns can step up and be the competitors we've been hoping for. I won't be worried until week three.

Although, a win in week one will be essential to a successful year.

see 2001 season

um, Leonard got cut from the freaking Rams. He was deemed not good enough to hold a roster spot on that sad DL......yet was starter material for a lot of teams?

Making facts fit an argument makes you sound like a Dumbass, he left in 07 and then went to cleveland, there he wasn't a fit in the 3-4 scheme. His game with us he looked extremely good until he went down with an injury. No one is doubting he's not exactly a storied player, but what he showed, shows he can play in the league and is a starting calibre tackle.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have some depth signings, what I am saying is that now is the wrong time to do that and again, even if we did there's no one out there that fits the scheme.

Hence the reason why I made such a point to say that the season is meaningless until week 3. The week one win would only be necessary to build confidence and a sense of successful comradrie, not a garauntee of a good season.

Next.

My bad, I read the last part instead of the first paragraph, that’s what I get for being lazy. I read that last sentence and was thinking, this guy can’t be serious......

My bad, I read the last part instead of the first paragraph, that’s what I get for being lazy. I read that last sentence and was thinking, this guy can’t be serious......

No prob. Can't fault you for being lazy (since I haven't done a damn thing all day).

On a side note, the Saints have 28 players (18 restricted, 11 unrestricted) that went to free agency this year, having garaunteed four to come back and having already lost one to Cleveland, and have made zero moves in free agency so far. If the resident Saint fans wouldn't mind telling me what the doom and gloomers are like in the NOLA neck of the woods, that would be wonderful.

Otherwise, if we're making more moves and losing less players than the reigning SuperBowl champs, then I have no worries.

You'd have to think that the FO has some sort of plan in line or they know something that we don't

Ya being aggressive isn't always the way to go but at least try to push for a couple players at least. But all isn't lost yet! FA has only been going on a couple of weeks and there may be some players that get cut after the draft so we can add veteran depth that way hopefully.

The guys we have that are replacing those starters may not by uber experienced, but they're not exactly a bunch of green rookies either. Most of these guys have played a lot of snaps, whether they started or not, so they all know the system and they know what it takes to play in this league. There is no reason to be claiming that we're a Superbowl contender, but there is no reason to panic and give up on the 2010 season either.

you non-believers need to remember all of these guys made it to the NFL for a reason. They all have plenty expierence most of them just need a fair shot without everyone starting 40 yr old players

Making to the NFL doesn't guarantee you will be good. Just ask Detroit and Oakland fans. Making in to the NFl just means that you are one of the top 1700 guys playing football assuming 53 players on 32 teams.

We will have to wait and see what FA and the draft hold.But if the season was today our line would be horrid.To make up for Peppers we will have to rotate a lot.That means our backups will getting a lot of snaps a game.

things will change our 3rd down package will look a lot diff than last year.We might have to blitz more

Archived