• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Bradley Bozeman

Would have kept him and moved him to guard since he spent some time there in Baltimore.

Not starter material but the cap savings you get from cutting him is meaningless.

But who knows, Bozeman could have asked to be cut rather than being a backup.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

Itty, bitty cap savings, little purchasing power in FA due to Burns and only six draft picks, yet we are creating more holes.   I get the roster needs a make over, but if we keep cutting able bodied guys at even fringe starter quality and absorbing 99% of their cap hit just to be anywhere but here, then we are tanking.  There's no question about it.  What a fugged up year to tank.

Lol at the PSL holders who got their ticket prices jacked up to watch the 2024 tank show.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Itty, bitty cap savings, little purchasing power in FA due to Burns and only six draft picks, yet we are creating more holes.   I get the roster needs a make over, but if we keep cutting able bodied guys at even fringe starter quality and absorbing 99% of their cap hit just to be anywhere but here, then we are tanking.  There's no question about it.  What a fugged up year to tank.

Lol at the PSL holders who got their ticket prices jacked up to watch the 2024 tank show.

I get the scheme fit but you create a hole that has to be filled, you don't save cap space and possibly you end up creating a "reach" need in the draft.

It just seems like a very Panthers way to handle it.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

#Teppmagic

One thing this does prove is while Fitterer and Morgan worked side by side and are still friends to this day, they don't necessarily approach building a NFL roster the same way.  Morgan is already cleaning up some of Fitterer's past moves even though we have limited resources to plug new players into those holes. 

• Beer 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

One thing this does prove is while Fitterer and Morgan worked side by side and are still friends to this day, they don't necessarily approach building a NFL roster the same way.  Morgan is already cleaning up some of Fitterer's past moves even though we have limited resources to plug new players into those holes. 

One hopes it is a shared vision with the new coach. 

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

that doesnt make sense, the cut I mean

It makes me think Morgan basically said, 'cut your contract or be cut.'  Making some dudes an example.  If the Ian Thomas "restructure" ends up being essentially a salary cut, then Morgan's message has been sent to the rest of the team.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

It makes me think Morgan basically said, 'cut your contract or be cut.'  Making some dudes an example.  If the Ian Thomas "restructure" ends up being essentially a salary cut, then Morgan's message has been sent to the rest of the team.

Or the new coach evaluating and basically saying, "Hey, I can't use this guy."

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

that doesnt make sense as he still gets paid, would be a weird way to try and alpha someone but I guess we will see once the details of thomas comes out. 

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Wide zone sucks. Reich and Canales both looked at the only success we had running the ball with Wilks and both were like nah lets do the opposite whimpy ass wide zone scheme

Our implementation of it and players used for it sucks.  

• Beer 1