• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas getting Restructure

31 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Last year isn’t irrelevant, any cap saved gets rolled over and we could have been done with Thomas in 2023. You don’t save money. You are thinking about 2024 cap only. He has at least $1.75M in new salary money (likely more if restructuring bonus) that is added to any dead cap that does not change.

What you are calling saving money is spending more total money but pushing some out to future years.

We aren’t competing for a championship any time so so we shouldn’t be restructuring to spend more money this year. We are just eating into next year’s cap for a bad player.

We should have released him last year and drafted a TE in that crazy strong TE class. Then we wouldn’t have paid an extra $2.7M in 2023 (his salary and restructuring bonus) and now all that money we could have saved is that dead cap you keep fussing about in 2024. We have that dead cap in 2024 because we made this stupid call last year.

It’s easy to understand. Restructuring Thomas last year kicked the dead cap can down the road, but your good decision means we will have paid Thomas $3.4M+ in new money in 2023/2024 that we could have actually saved.

he clearly doesnt understand a damn thing about what he is talking about

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Comparing Baker, who has accomplished so much more in his career, even if he sucked for us, to Thomas is laughable. Thomas is the equivalent of Matt Corral, not Mayfield. I don’t get these fans who disappear in season the past 6 years as we’ve sucked balls only to reappear every offseason defending every move the team makes.

It’s Ian freaking Thomas. He sucks. All we see of him is lowlights. He’s supposedly a great blocker and yet there are always videos of when he gets blown up by a LB or when he gets taken down easily by a smaller DB. I certainly don’t recall the last team we talked about him doing something good, but by all means we should keep paying him new money and not drafting TEs.

Thomas does nothing well I have seen, like even on special teams which would still be completely replaceable. There is no justifying keeping him if you can clear enough cap to sign a draft pick and 2 URFAs.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

Lol Tampa went to the playoffs because the NFCS was trash. If there was one good team last year Tampa wouldn't have made it. If that's your standard it's no wonder why you always pick such sad hills to make a fool of yourself.

And Baker is a jag and Thomas is basically PS level player that always stays here so grest comp lol

Got a pretty big deal for a JAG. Didn't say he was great. I said he sucked in this system and was considered washed up. He went to Tampa is a better system and had a career year.  It proves just because you struggle somewhere you can go to a better system and thrive. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suite I see.

5 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Comparing Baker, who has accomplished so much more in his career, even if he sucked for us, to Thomas is laughable. Thomas is the equivalent of Matt Corral, not Mayfield. I don’t get these fans who disappear in season the past 6 years as we’ve sucked balls only to reappear every offseason defending every move the team makes.

It’s Ian freaking Thomas. He sucks. All we see of him is lowlights. He’s supposedly a great blocker and yet there are always videos of when he gets blown up by a LB or when he gets taken down easily by a smaller DB. I certainly don’t recall the last team we talked about him doing something good, but by all means we should keep paying him new money and not drafting TEs.

You clearly don't know how to read. I didn't compare them as players I compared them flaming out in past systems  and then said Baker found a good fit and had a career year under Canales. If Canales is able to do for Young what he did for Baker then guys like Thomas could also be productive.  Up until last season Baker did not have a great career and he was thought washed up.   None of what you said is even  tangentially related to what I said.

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Got a pretty big deal for a JAG. Didn't say he was great. I said he sucked in this system and was considered washed up. He went to Tampa is a better system and had a career year.  It proves just because you struggle somewhere you can go to a better system and thrive. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suite I see.

LOL If deals reflect actual quality that would mean something then Thomas wouldn't have been such a waste of a roster space for years. The Panthers paid Darnold 19 million for a season that they traded for Baker. Nice cope, keep trying. Even your insults are lame and off target. 

Don't you have someone else to play with that can inflate your ego? Yet you keep coming back with nothing to me. You have no substance but thanks for the playtime kiddo. 

Just now, Waldo said:

LOL If deals reflect actual quality that would mean something then Thomas wouldn't have been such a waste of a roster space for years. The Panthers paid Darnold 19 million for a season that they traded for Baker. Nice cope, keep trying. Even your insults are lame and off target. 

Don't you have someone else to play with that can inflate your ego? Yet you keep coming back with nothing to me. You have no substance but thanks for the playtime kiddo. 

So when you have nothing of value to add you go for the personal attacks. How very immature and huddle like. Usually my turn to exit when the conversation devolves to this level.  

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

So when you have nothing of value to add you go for the personal attacks. How very immature and huddle like. Usually my turn to exit when the conversation devolves to this level.  

Juat ignore the value and play victim. It's such a winning strategy. You quoted me and keep coming back. Just admit it, you like it.

Daniel Jones contact says high mr oblivious