• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would go in a package for Burns/Higgins swap?

RumHam

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

hes the epitome of an average wr

I mean, in the world where DJ Moore isn't a #1.....yeah, Higgins is average. 

Higgins IMO is more like a Mushin Muhammad tier WR.  He can do it all a pretty high level.  He just lacks being elite in one area. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, in the world where DJ Moore isn't a #1.....yeah, Higgins is average. 

Higgins IMO is more like a Mushin Muhammad tier WR.  He can do it all a pretty high level.  He just lacks being elite in one area. 

His qb is one of the best in the nfl, the #1 wr is one of the best in the nfl and the dude has never cracked 1100 years, gone over 74 catches or caught double digit tds.  He is a good Robin to a Batman.  No way in hell would I give him a mega deal. 

Tee Higgins is good but whether or not he will take that next step or a few steps remains to be seen. And isn't he due a new contract by next year?

I'd honestly rather work the draft and take 2 receivers if needed.

Trading for Higgins solves one need though our depth is still kinda meh because TMJ is done and Theilen while having reliable hands was one of the worst receivers in the league in YAC.

Also trading Burns immediately opens the door for Dan Morgan putting himself in a situation of being desperate for pass rush help and I'm not exactly thrilled with the likely scenario of him reaching in the draft or overpaying a free agent. We also have the center position to resolve. This is a lot for a first time GM to take on. It's either going to go really well or really bad. We'll see.

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His qb is one of the best in the nfl, the #1 wr is one of the best in the nfl and the dude has never cracked 1100 years, gone over 74 catches or caught double digit tds.  He is a good Robin to a Batman.  No way in hell would I give him a mega deal. 

I mean, that's sort of a weird place marker.   They have had 2 guys going over 1000 yards multiple seasons.  So if he had hit 1100 it would be different? I mean, he likely had that if he played all 17 games in 2 of his seasons. 

We also have seen him minus Burrow and seen him without Chase.  Higgins and others like him (say a Waddle) aren't lesser just because someone better happens to be on the team. 

Higgins IMO is a DJ Moore tier WR.   

My personal preference is for every draft pick to be an offensive skill player and go back to back WR with the first two.... and leave FA to the OL.