• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

The money is the issue.  Now we can get a WR,  Brian is not worth $30m per for 5 years.  Burns, in Morgan's opinion, was not a dawg and I am guessing that he did not see him as a 3-down OLB.

We have YGM and Barno and will likely add an Edge now.  With the cap savings, we can also add 2 more need positions.  I am disappointed, but I am not blaming Morgan.  BB was damaged goods here, and teams were aware.

ZERO SHOT anyone wants to come to Carolina that isn't just in it for the bag, ZERO.

Who the fug is going to come to the worst team in the league that has just jettisoned some of their best players? That only players that will are in it just for a payday, and nothing else. All this means is the Panthers are going to be overpaying random free agents that couldn't get a deal with a competitive team.

We're going to be overpaying players other teams don't want to pay. That's all this means.

WE'RE THE fuging BROWNS, WE'RE THE fuging BROWNS, WE'RE THE fuging BROWNS.

2 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

You guys should check out Giants fans right now. 

They just made a 5-year commitment to pay a guy 30 million per season who can't defend the run and averages 8-9 sacks annually (and gave up draft capitol to get him)

There were no winners in this trade, you all should relax.

Yup it’s a lose lose for both teams. Very rare but only the panthers could pull it off 

2 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

You guys should check out Giants fans right now. 

They just made a 5-year commitment to pay a guy 30 million per season who can't defend the run and averages 8-9 sacks annually (and gave up draft capitol to get him)

There were no winners in this trade, you all should relax.

Oh no, they just made a bet on a player after a down year on a 2 win team?

Oh shucks, they really got swindled there. 

HEY GUYS, WHO WE OVERPAYING WITH THAT 30 MILLION? Another guard for Brycey?

That 2nd and 5th going to bust like they mostly do, because that's how statistics work.

I think there are a lot of things that we do not know.  I do not think keeping him was an option.  Imagine if they let him hit free agency?   Morgan did not make this problem--someone predicted that Burns would only get a third. 

It is probably going to get ugly before it gets better.  

• Pie 2