• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

Just now, La Pantera said:

Compensation isn’t great. Probably the most we could squeeze out. But freeing up money is a bonus. On top of that we could add a couple mid tier guys for less money to cover the production.

I don't think any mid-tier guys are coming to Carolina unless you pay them top-tier money.

Why would they? Oh, here's my shot at improving my career. Let me just go down to Carolina where the owner is a known fool, the GM is a tool, and the coach is an unknown. Sure, you won't have anyone around you that's talented, so it may get a starting roster spot. But will that really help your career when the team wins 0-4 games each season?

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They were never going to get a 1st for him.

Just like nobody was going to pay him $30 million a year?

That contract alone says we should have got a 1st for him

To me, this more screams this front office is trying to look for the quick fix and they were only going to trade Burns for an asset in this year's draft, but trading him for a 1st next season would have been the smart move as we're not 1 offseason away from fixing this franchise, it's a multi year thing.

I just love how all the networks are calling Brian Burns, an all world, terrorizing defensive end. Have they watched the last couple seasons of him? lol. Plus, the huddle has constantly bitched about his lack of production and hustle the last couple seasons, but now that he’s gone everybody is crying the fuging blues. Lol damn if you do damn if you don’t I guess.

Just now, WestPanthers said:

Isn't ironic, We traded all the farm to get Bryce Young and now we traded another farm to fix BY.......LOL.....

"yeah, its uh, you know, its uh on me, and you know I have to get better, I just you know, its keeping moving forward and you know....."

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

I don't think any mid-tier guys are coming to Carolina unless you pay them top-tier money.

Why would they? Oh, here's my shot at improving my career. Let me just go down to Carolina where the owner is a known fool, the GM is a tool, and the coach is an unknown. Sure, you won't have anyone around you that's talented, so it may get a starting roster spot. But will that really help your career when the team wins 0-4 games each season?

We’ll see I guess. There are several guys out there who could put up decent sack numbers who won’t demand a quarter of $150 mill

You guys are suffering from serious recency bias and group think.

The league can see that Burns is still talented. A down year, on a train wreck of team that's been yanking him around with trades and contract negotiations. No poo he didn't produce on a team that almost never had a lead in a game.

If Burns is even mediocre good then his contract is worth it. I don't know how to explain this to some of y'all but pass-rushers are a premium position, that you need to get to a Super Bowl. I cannot think of team that made it there that didn't have a pass-rush.

I mean, hell, just use your brains and tell me what years the Panthers were at their best, and then tell me what their pass-rush looked like. Having JAGs and late round picks playing defensive end means you're not a winning team.

Here's to all the 2nd round defensive end busts the Panthers have drafted.

Drunk That 70S Show GIF by Peacock

3 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

We’ll see I guess. There are several guys out there who could put up decent sack numbers who won’t demand a quarter of $150 mill

Really, name them. I want to see if you're correct and they come to Carolina for anything short of a massive overpay.

5 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Really, name them. I want to see if you're correct and they come to Carolina for anything short of a massive overpay.

Barret, Clowney, Lawson, Hunter, Floyd, Smith… and more.  Replacing 10 sacks isn’t difficult.  We didn’t lose a 15+ sacks a season or anything 

Just now, La Pantera said:

Barret, Clowney, Lawson, Hunter, Floyd, Smith… and more.  Replacing 10 sacks isn’t difficult.  We didn’t lose a 15+ sacks a season or anything 

Okay, give me the numbers. This is going to blow your mind.

Anyone coming to the Panthers will have to be massively overpaid, or a reclamation project.

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Just like nobody was going to pay him $30 million a year?

That contract alone says we should have got a 1st for him

To me, this more screams this front office is trying to look for the quick fix and they were only going to trade Burns for an asset in this year's draft, but trading him for a 1st next season would have been the smart move as we're not 1 offseason away from fixing this franchise, it's a multi year thing.

What he got paid doesn't mean he's worth it.  Another team was not going to pay him what he wanted AND give up a 1st to do it. That was never going to happen.  I hope the Giants get their money's worth out of him. We certainly didn't get ours.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Okay, give me the numbers. This is going to blow your mind.

Anyone coming to the Panthers will have to be massively overpaid, or a reclamation project.

Gave you names . Not doing goddamn math for you… none of those guys are getting more than a couple year contracts. 

guess we’ll just have to see how it plays out.

edit: Huff got 50 mill( 1/3 Burns money) over 3 years. Most of those guys will be under that 

Edited by La Pantera
  • Pie 1

I sometimes wonder what a team would look like with:

Baker Mayfield

Christian McCaffery

DJ Moore

Brian Burns

Derrick Brown

Jaycee Horne

Jeremy Chinn

Vonn Bell

Frankie Luvuu

Ikem Okwonu

Taylor Moton

And then I remember, that’s when we SUCKED, and now we’re many years from getting to that level.

• Pie 1