• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns Officially Traded

shaq

Personally, I was thinking, "If they do this right, they are going to have to burn it down.  The entire roster was bad.  Keeping Burns and his 10-sack seasons would have kept us from building other things.  If you notice, we are building the offense for 2024, to see what we have in Bryce. 

The truth is, nobody knows how this will turn out--but the Huddle needs to be more than a place for people who are butt hurt to bitch and moan, making the same comments over and over.  We get it--you are pissed.  It is not going to get better right away because we had some trigger-happy firings and decisions were made impulsively to save the jobs of coaches and front office personnel.  This, to me, looks like they have been given more rope and a longer runway.  We have a good group of athletes in the draft where our needs are--it is a good year to clean house and rebuild.  Yes, we will miss Burns, but the man was not about his teammates, the fans, the organization--he was about Brian Burns.  I get it, but any athlete that admits not performing 100% at all times is going to do it again.   I think he may have had a reason, as stated before, but a Captain who has odds with the management is probably a cancer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

fug it. I'll take it. Tired of talking about Burns.

Let the rebuild continue!

Seriously, Fitts made awful decisions and set this team up for failure. Let’s start drafting BA or trading back to get some of those picks we pissed away. 

Wish we had gotten BOTH their 2nd's but it is what it is. I won't miss him and certainly glad we didn't overpay for him like the Giants just did. They can have him at that price. We need to start learning how to draft well anyhow and draft some talent at every position including his. He flat out is not worth what he just got paid and if that's what it takes then the Giants can keep him.