• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns got the last laugh after all smh

Just now, Donald LaFell said:

Burns was a cut block away from losing generational wealth forever. Not sure he was going go play this year without a contract.

he wouldnt have a choice, Morgan had options and if this was the best trade that came in then he fuged up

4 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

$30M/yr for 10 sack seasons and shitty run defense, I’m laughing at the Giants

I'm laughing harder at our defense. No pass rush and I literally can't name you any good player outside of Brown.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL my man.

Man, now I wish we had not done this and paid $3.3m per sack. (sarcasm)

Folks, he was not that great.  We get the #39 pick in a very deep draft at positions we need.  We get $25m to spend to keep Brown and maybe sign another player. 

Point?  There is another side. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Panthero said:

we've got 24 million in cap space, we can go buy his 8 sacks a year for a lot less. 

Really? Who, I want names, as this seems to be the group-think thought process.

Who are the Panthers targeting to replace Burns? How much do you think the contract will be?

Reality is going to hit some of you hard this season. The cap space is going to disappear over-paying free agents to prop-up Bryce and the team as a whole is going to flounder.

• Pie 1

Just now, Krovvy said:

Really? Who, I want names, as this seems to be the group-think thought process.

Who are the Panthers targeting to replace Burns? How much do you think the contract will be?

Reality is going to hit some of you hard this season. The cap space is going to disappear over-paying free agents to prop-up Bryce and the team as a whole is going to flounder.

i dont work in the front office, scrow. his stats are pedestrian thats not debatable. between the money we now have, we'll see if Morgan knows how to pick free agents. 

Reality hit me when Luke retired and Cam got hurt. This is a long time coming. sorry the dopamine is taking a beating, just have to ride it out. 

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he wouldnt have a choice, Morgan had options and if this was the best trade that came in then he fuged up

these guys are notorious for shenanigans when they want a long term deal and the current team doesnt want to give it. He most certainly had a choice to play like a clown and waste even more time dragging out the inevitable. 

Who is going to replace Burns? All that production?

The only thing really missing now is the fantasy that this is the year Burns becomes what the team always said he would. NY is going to be a rough landing spot to underachie.

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Man, now I wish we had not done this and paid $3.3m per sack. (sarcasm)

Folks, he was not that great.  We get the #39 pick in a very deep draft at positions we need.  We get $25m to spend to keep Brown and maybe sign another player. 

Point?  There is another side. 

Another 2 or 3 players at the tag price. I hated seeing Moore go but that was on a good contract. This ain't that.

Honestly, if I'm Derrick Brown I'm gonna do the same thing. Play the season out and force my ways out of here under the tag a year from now.

If I'm Evero I'm honestly contemplating handing in my resignation tomorrow morning. We've gutted his D. Traded Burns for a very disappointing return, cut a starting CB, cut a starting safety, and let our best LB walk. We went from having a decent D trending up to having the worst unit in the league on paper in a matter of days.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, if I'm Derrick Brown I'm gonna do the same thing. Play the season out and force my ways out of here under the tag a year from now.

If I'm Evero I'm honestly contemplating handing in my resignation tomorrow morning. We've gutted his D. Traded Burns for a very disappointing return, cut a starting CB, cut a starting safety, and let our best LB walk. We went from having a decent D trending up to having the worst unit in the league on paper in a matter of days.

I wouldn't blame him. Losing 2 of your top 3 defensive players who both happened to be the pass rush in just embarrassing.

Of course Burns is not worth 30mil, the point is you let him go without replacing him. Now we have 2 holes to fill at DE. This franchise just continues to make bad decision. Tepper hiring Morgan was all I needed to know. He's hiring people that have been around the franchise. Nothing is going to change.