• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan is a legend and I trust him

Just now, jamos14 said:

Person said it in the Athletic.  Only Samir wanted to trade for the picks.

But like I said, the circumstances at the time were very different.  

For the second time today, there is no non qb in the nfl that you dont do that trade for.   We said it at the time and now its blown up in our face.  2 firsts and a second is insane value for any player and its astronomical for a guy like burns. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

You are right.  They didn't.    It was clearly foolish in hindsight.   The team thought they were in a better position long term than they were.

Clearly.  And I get what you are implying.  I am simply saying no matter where your franchise is, no matter how good or bad you actually are you dont turn down a deal that sweet.

This isn't for the OP but for the responses...

Morgan wanted to do this and Morgan wanted to do that and Morgan didn't want to do this and Morgan didn't want to do that.......

How the hell do any of you know anything at all other than what you read in someone else's story? Did you talk to Morgan personally or are you involved with the organization in any way? Okay then, you don't know poo either way other than articles you read and opinions formulated from said article's that may or may not be true.

Morgan did this and that........Blah blah blah waaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaa

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

For the second time today, there is no non qb in the nfl that you dont do that trade for.   We said it at the time and now its blown up in our face.  2 firsts and a second is insane value for any player and its astronomical for a guy like burns. 

I'm in agreement with you.

But I'm not willing to make a decision on Morgan's potential success from that decision.   It was a mistake but doesn't mean he cannot be a good GM going forward.

He made the best attempt to correct that mistake yesterday.   Signing him would've been a worse one.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, NAS said:

You have a source of this or just talking out of your a$$

yeah, the longest-tenured Panthers beat writer reported on who did and didn't want to do it.    Fitterer and Morgan didn't want to trade him to the Rams.  Samir did.   

So I'll go with that as the best version of the situation.  Better odds of being true than anything else.

2 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

I'm in agreement with you.

But I'm not willing to make a decision on Morgan's potential success from that decision.   It was a mistake but doesn't mean he cannot be a good GM going forward.

He made the best attempt to correct that mistake yesterday.   Signing him would've been a worse one.

oh for sure 100% I am just pointing his hands are already on some questionable moves, there is still the draft coming up that should be exciting (at least day 2) but we wont know how good it is for a while

18 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

They felt 27 million a year was going to get it done.  They, meaning the ones that actually do the contracts.  That's not Morgan, and it wasn't Fitt. 

What? Morgan and Fitterer were the assistant GM and GM. Souleman(sp?) was the cap guy but he make the decision. Morgan/Fitt were 100% at fault for not realizing the Rams trade value plus opening up Burns’ cap space was a great deal and they were 100% at fault for not having an extension already setup. I’d be interested in what you think the GM’s job is. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

27 million a year wasn't going to get it done.  Didn't matter where he was at. 

Then it’s on the GM/assistant GM to know that and make the trade, don’t you think? Listen, Fitterer and his assistant made a poo ton of mistakes. You don’t have to cover for Morgan. That’s why a lot of us were concerned when he was hired as the GM. He may figure it out and do well but you don’t have to try and paint it like someone else dropped the ball on Burns. Fitterer and Morgan did, simple as that. They should have made the trade, but barring that they should have already had a deal in place if they turn down the trade.

• Pie 1

Just now, DeeJay said:

Just go grab Henry for a one year deal since were getting a brand new o-line at this rate

It’s a good thought. Handful of vet RBs who could be available closer to the draft or after on the cheap.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Literally watching ESPN First Take and Shannon Sharpe and he literally said we got dumb dumb people running the FO.

It's kind of sad how many people are starting to trash our franchise in the Nat'l media. Never thought we would ever be the laughing stock of the league, but we are officially that team.

Tepper buying the team was the worst thing that could ever happen.

Winning changes everything 

Yeah, and losing does too. We have swapped a decent perch on a nice branch of a shade tree on a golf course for a flat rock in the sun down by the sewage treatment plant. Detroit has our perch now.

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

if he doesn't think Burns or any of these dudes were worth keeping I trust him. And I love the investment into the interior oline. Even if Bryce doesn't work out that is something that will benefit any QB or offense. 

yall ready to burn poo down but give Dan and Dave Canales a chance man. 

Derek Brown’s contract will be huge 

The decision, it seems to me, was Derek Brown’s value greater than Burns, particularly given that Burns turned down a reasonable contract.

Brown over performed this year.  Burns didn’t 

• Pie 1