• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't blame Morgan for this mess

Jmac

Can't absolve him of his role with Fitterer. He was directly involved in some very poor decisions.

All I can do is hope he drafts well. But. He is working with the same scouting dept so that's not exactly encouraging. We'll see.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hiring a search firm and then hiring Morgan has to be an all time head scratcher.   

Just Tepper PR IMO.  He did what he wanted at the end.   Or literally everyone the PR firm suggested essentially said no thanks behind the scenes. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Just Tepper PR IMO.  He did what he wanted at the end.   Or literally everyone the PR firm suggested essentially said no thanks behind the scenes. 

I get the feeling it was the latter. If I'm looking at my 1 shot for GM in the NFL, David Tepper is not the guy I want to be taking that shot with based on what he's done since he got here. It would seem like a good way to end you career before it has a chance to get started. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Do they run the show?

Assistant can advise, but the boss is going to do whatever the boss wants to do. It's not like they were co-GMs or anything.

I've had several bosses who I really didn't like decisions that they made, but it wasn't my job to like what they do. My job was to help them accomplish what they wanted to do. I brought stuff to the table that made me valuable to them, but they were going to do what they wanted.

U/captainjizzpants ?

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Honestly, I'm kind of all in on a culture rebuild, haven't done a proper one since Ron was hired.

Remember when we kept the core of a 2-14 team and then sucked for 3 more years with bad contracts?

Well now we'll suck for 3 more years with a better cap situation.

At least its something different. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hiring a search firm and then hiring Morgan has to be an all time head scratcher.   

Not a head scratcher at all. They identified GM candidates and no one wanted the job because of the owner. 

• Pie 2

Yeah, this off season doesn't feel like recent ones. Very, very different. Proven players. No big question marks with durability or consistency. Building the team through free agency. There actually seems to be a plan and communication with multiple coaches when things go side ways. Seems like more of a group effort where everyone has a voice.