• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders to Release Hunter Renfrow

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, AT isn't what you actually want out of the slot position if you are going w/ heavy pass looks.   He is slow, doesn't get open, I think ESPN analytics had him at 132 in terms of his YAC ability vs the field.  

He catches the ball which made him our best WR.  I'm ok with trading him and signing a younger player like Renfro as long as the cap doesn't getting affected too much.  Keep this youth movement going.  

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, frankw said:

Nothing against Theilen but I'd take Renfro over his bottom of the league YAC.

I'll take the guy who produces yards and at least some touchdowns and is under contract 

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

AT is 33

He had 1000 yards and 100 catches here last year.

His 10-year average is 770 yards and 91 catches per season

and going to Adam Theilen in the pass game is also why our offense posed virtually no threat to opposing defenses.  

Theilen is a weak receiving TE with good hands IMO in terms of what he is giving you and threatening opponents with. 

• Pie 1

Yeah, Thielen wasn't good. His numbers were what they were because of sheer volume and playing all 17 games.  

I'm cool with bringing him back if we're going to pay him anyway.  But he needs to be the #3 WR and really should be the 4th or 5th option (RB and/or TE) in the passing game at this stage 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

and going to Adam Theilen in the pass game is also why our offense posed virtually no threat to opposing defenses.  

Theilen is a weak receiving TE with good hands IMO in terms of what he is giving you and threatening opponents with. 

I see your point--he was the safe check down a lot.  I did hear he did not want to be part of a rebuild, so maybe we could trade him for a late round pick, but I do not know if we get much, a trade at all, and I am not sure Renfro is an upgrade.  I do, however, see your points--made the same comments myself.   He is an outlet and was not a threat.  Who did we have that might require a S over the top? 

The biggest reason I would have to shop Thielen is his age (33) and I do not want Bryce going to him as an outlet quickly because they are familiar.

Do I think Renfro would be the answer?  Maybe, but man, there are some good slot WRs in the draft later too.  Washington from UVA and A Smith (I think) from Tex AM.  If I knew the offensive philosophy better, how the intend to maximize Bryce's skillset, I would have a stronger opinion. 

I am not that high on Renfro.  I just texted my friend's son who plays T for the Raiders (Parker).  He said that he and Renfro were religious and were close friends for that reason.  FWIW.

Using Theilen as a side dish rather than the main course might make a difference.

But he did say that about the rebuild and I wouldn’t really miss him that much either.

Edited by strato

Right.  When Chark did not step up and Marshall continued to discover his purpose, we only had a rookie (Mingo) and Thielen.  At 32, he should not have come in to be the #1 WR, but he was needed and he stepped up.  I am fairly sure that he'd be totally happy as the third or fourth best WR at this stage of his career.