• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams rumor

13 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

AT was 10th in receptions 15th in targets his yards per reception was low could argue that was due to horrible qb and oline play or could argue he just is slowing down probably some of both but not sure removing youngs only dependable trusted wr would be beneficial but could be wrong.  

I mean, if you lock Adam Thielen in the slot for a small ball QB/O.....it's going to cap it.  I mean, you can force feed him all day in the slot.  Teams also often gave him stuff too as a by-product of managing downs.   His yards per catch wasn't just low.....he had the lowest yards per catch of any WR in the top 100 players in yards.  

I mean, you don't have to remove Thielen....but he shouldn't be dominating the slot every down.  That shouldn't be your plan for that area of the field. 

We either got to commit to a small ball O or move on from Bryce.  We had tons of bad marriages last year.   Bryce needs a Bryce O and skill talent that caters to that. 

It's like Mike Williams.  I love Mike Williams.   He would be my favorite Panther if we signed him.  But I don't want us to.  He doesn't fit IMO.  That's sort of Theilen for me.  It's just not a good match given what you need out of your skill players for Bryce. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, if you lock Adam Thielen in the slot for a small ball QB/O.....it's going to cap it.  I mean, you can force feed him all day in the slot.  Teams also often gave him stuff too as a by-product of managing downs.   His yards per catch wasn't just low.....he had the lowest yards per catch of any WR in the top 100 players in yards.  

I mean, you don't have to remove Thielen....but he shouldn't be dominating the slot every down.  That shouldn't be your plan for that area of the field. 

We either got to commit to a small ball O or move on from Bryce.  We had tons of bad marriages last year.   Bryce needs a Bryce O and skill talent that caters to that. 

It's like Mike Williams.  I love Mike Williams.   He would be my favorite Panther if we signed him.  But I don't want us to.  He doesn't fit IMO.  That's sort of Theilen for me.  It's just not a good match given what you need out of your skill players for Bryce. 

Interesting comment. What kind of WRs do you have in mind when you say "small" ball? 

8 hours ago, CRA said:

What do you think they are doing? 

Edited by strato