• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT: The Deion & Shedeur Sanders Circus

16 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Shedeur Sanders is just pre knee injury Teddy Bridgewater. He'll be a fine QB but he's not gonna be one of the best QB's in the NFL. I do however respect Deion's passion and him wanting what's best for his sons and his players but at the end of the day the NFL is a business, and I don't see teams caving to the demands of what will be a middle of the road starting QB. Shedeur will be over drafted next year due to next year looking like it's going to be a weak QB class. That's probably why he chose to go back for another year at Colorado because him and his dad know that he's pretty much guaranteed to be the first QB of the board in the 2025 draft whereas if he came out this year, he'd be 4th or 5th QB picked depending on how a team views JJ McCarthy. 

Yep. The day we start letting family dictate the Draft is the day the NFL dies. Deion could actually be getting a ball rolling that no one wants to see roll. Be a coach, be a celebrity, be a HoF player, etc. But don't be THAT Dad. We rag on little league and pee wee football Dads for being insane. This is no different. All parents want the best for their kids ... but we don't get to interfere in the way the world works. Just look at all those celebrity parents who went to jail for cheating their kids into college recently. If your son is a star, he'll be fine, Deion. Stay out of it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

55 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

People definitely made a big deal about it. Just because it’s been 20yrs and he ended up winning a couple Super Bowls while Rivers also ended up being very good nobody really talks about it anymore, but it was 100% a big deal at the time and not everybody was a fan. Also, if he had ended up not winning those Super Bowls and Rivers had, Eli would never hear the end of it.

Well I'm sorry it pissed you off. Life goes on.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

i can't imagine many except for the most desperate of attention seeking teams are going to want anything to do with that family. 

and it's clear whatever sucker drafts either one of them won't be drafting a player, they'll be drafting their dad who wants his fingers in the mix. 

no thanks. 

The QB class for next year's draft looks really weak right now.  Shedeur might be a really good NFL QB but, if things get bumpy, expect Deion to throw the owner, GM, and coaches under the bus.

I’m not going to lie I think Sanders is a good prospect. I’m curious to see how he will do with some talent on the OL. I’m also wanting to see how this really unfolds. Right now I think Prime is just trying to get his son hyped up in the press for next season. Unless he is the clear cut top pick it’s going to be hard to strong arm some of these NFL GMs and owners. Prime wants everyone thinking his son is QB1 from the beginning of the season. 

55 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

The QB class for next year's draft looks really weak right now.  Shedeur might be a really good NFL QB but, if things get bumpy, expect Deion to throw the owner, GM, and coaches under the bus.

that's why he's going to only have a few takers and even then, it will likely be only the most desperate of situations. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m not going to lie I think Sanders is a good prospect. I’m curious to see how he will do with some talent on the OL. I’m also wanting to see how this really unfolds. Right now I think Prime is just trying to get his son hyped up in the press for next season. Unless he is the clear cut top pick it’s going to be hard to strong arm some of these NFL GMs and owners. Prime wants everyone thinking his son is QB1 from the beginning of the season. 

I wouldn't want to play on the OL for Sanders.  IMO Sanders is sack taker and stat overthinker.  

not saying they had a great OL, Sanders is the type that makes your OL worst than whatever it is though.  

if you only win 4 games, only have 3 INTs and take 34324 sacks? You are too risk adverse and worried about personal stat sheet/brand.  I think some of that is the dad.  That whole family is too fixated on their personal brand. 

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

i thought it was a douche move back then. everyone did. eli looked like a entitled prick for it.

and just because it's happened before doesn't make it any less maddening.

And it was arguably the correct move since Eli won 2 super bowls.  If you swapped Rivers and Eli, I think it’s more likely that Rivers wins those 2 super bowls with the Giants than Eli winning even 1 in San Diego.  The Chargers had a lot of talented teams but the Giants were the better organization.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

The middle one could have been a pretty good college player, which may have lead to an NBA career with proper growth, but he took that from him.

And who knows how much better Lamelo could have been, and earlier, if he even was able to finish up his high school career normally.

And he likely ruined Lonzo’s career by forcing him to wear knock off walmart quality shoes instead of making a few million bucks to wear professionally engineered shoes to withstand the rigors of NBA play.

Lamar’s decisions 100% affected his kids careers for the worse.

Lonzo had a lower ceiling than Lamelo and the middle brother had the lowest ceiling. It all ended up likely the way it would end up anyway.

Lonzo will have a good career as a journeyman and be financially set. Lamelo could become a star player eventually.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Sanders is definitely a good prospect, I think the actual argument is whether he is a great prospect. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

And it was arguably the correct move since Eli won 2 super bowls.  If you swapped Rivers and Eli, I think it’s more likely that Rivers wins those 2 super bowls with the Giants than Eli winning even 1 in San Diego.  The Chargers had a lot of talented teams but the Giants were the better organization.

correct move for who? the entitled prick who got his way? is that how it's supposed to work?

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Sanders is definitely a good prospect, I think the actual argument is whether he is a great prospect. 

whether he's worth the hassle of dealing with his crazy dad.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

whether he's worth the hassle of dealing with his crazy dad.

I think that will end up being overblown. That isn't something I would put a lot of thought into as a GM. If he is level headed as a person, I don't care much about Primetime. If not, that's a different story.

The one thing you have will to contend with is that the media is going to hound Deion for clickbait quotes about his son. So that circus might get tiresome but that isn't likely to impact the locker room unless Shadeur lets it.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wouldn't want to play on the OL for Sanders.  IMO Sanders is sack taker and stat overthinker.  

not saying they had a great OL, Sanders is the type that makes your OL worst than whatever it is though.  

if you only win 4 games, only have 3 INTs and take 34324 sacks? You are too risk adverse and worried about personal stat sheet/brand.  I think some of that is the dad.  That whole family is too fixated on their personal brand. 

He threw a lot of TDs too. A sack isn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes it’s the smartest play available.