• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT: The Deion & Shedeur Sanders Circus

I imagine a lot of this happens at the NFL Combine.  

NFL Team: Hey Prospect, we represent NFL Team.  We'd like to talk to you about a future in NFL City.

NFL Prospect: Thanks but no.  I will not play for the dumpster fire that is your NFL Team in your NFL City.

NFL Team: OK, have a nice life (but beware you show up to our stadium!).

If I were an NFL team and some player told me to F off, I'd probably take them off my board.  Then, they probably spread rumors that they are lazy, have bad medicals, etc.

I mean, the reality is that there are only so many jobs to make you an instant millionaire.  While some guys might have the leverage, not all do.  Were I in their shoes, I'd be very hesitant to say I won't play for X simply because the NFL changes so quickly.

i can't imagine many except for the most desperate of attention seeking teams are going to want anything to do with that family. 

and it's clear whatever sucker drafts either one of them won't be drafting a player, they'll be drafting their dad who wants his fingers in the mix. 

no thanks. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

You draft him, you draft his dad, you probably have to draft his brother, you draft their entourage, you draft the paid paparazzi. He'll be the NFL's Mariah Carey... massive diva that starts performing that one song before the end of October and you'll be sick to death of it by December. The only difference is that Nick Cannon can't get this one pregnant.

He'll ruin more HCs than he'll win rings.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I used to be super old-school about this.  You play for the team that drafts you. Shut up, be a man, that whole thing... but seeing the consistency with which certain franchises absolutely butcher a young QB's chance at becoming a successful player... I get it now.  Some people actually care about becoming a great player and doing great things, and there are franchises that just neuter every QB they get their hands on.

thats a good point. if i'm a qb, i honestly try to come out early in order to fall into the teens. i dont want to go to a team drafting 1st. they are likely a bum ass franchise, that will throw me to the wolves immediately. Most of these qb's need at least a year of seasoning. 

you got dudes at the top of the draft who are now multi millionaires without having to play in the NFL....eventually that is going to have some impact on things.  Beyond the Sanders clan. 

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

you got dudes at the top of the draft who are now multi millionaires without having to play in the NFL....eventually that is going to have some impact on things.  Beyond the Sanders clan. 

i'm just glad the put the rookie caps in place because that poo was getting way out of hand.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

i can't imagine many except for the most desperate of attention seeking teams are going to want anything to do with that family. 

and it's clear whatever sucker drafts either one of them won't be drafting a player, they'll be drafting their dad who wants his fingers in the mix. 

no thanks. 

Honestly I think this is just Prime looking out and wanting the best situation for his son. I don't think he's trying to take shots at the teams. Seeing how Tepper is viewed as the worst owner in the NFL in such a short period of time has to give him pause about his son coming here.

No need to take shots at the family. Sure they are cocky/flashy, but it's Prime. He's always been this way even as a player. I just accept him for who he is. I can understand why some may not like them. That style isn't for everyone.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i'm just glad the put the rookie caps in place because that poo was getting way out of hand.

it made no sense where it had gotten.  Way too much money.  But now these high profile college kids are getting F U money in college.  Changes the mindset. 

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Honestly I think this is just Prime looking out and wanting the best situation for his son. I don't think he's trying to take shots at the teams. Seeing how Tepper is viewed as the worst owner in the NFL in such a short period of time has to give him pause about his son coming here.

No need to take shots at the family. Sure they are cocky/flashy, but it's Prime. He's always been this way even as a player. I just accept him for who he is. I can understand why some may not like them. That style isn't for everyone.

he's being a soccer mom.

he can be however he wants to be, but he can also be a huge pain in the ass for someone trying to run a team. i can't imagine someone wanting to draft either one of his sons and have to deal with the poo sanders could bring. it may be the same kind of poo that other cautious and concerned parents would bring, but they typically don't have  a platform to air out their grievances to the level he does, and would just amp up the irritation.  

• Pie 3

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

It might weed out the ones who aren't motivated to be nfl players 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

he's being a soccer mom.

he can be however he wants to be, but he can also be a huge pain in the ass for someone trying to run a team. i can't imagine someone wanting to draft either one of his sons and have to deal with the poo sanders could bring. it may be the same kind of poo that other cautious and concerned parents would bring, but they typically don't have  a platform to air out their grievances to the level he does, and would just amp up the irritation.  

Eli's dad did it. Nobody made a big deal about it.

I can't get mad when we have seen this before. These guys played in the NFL and both had high profile QBs as their sons. They have more power than a regular dad with no NFL experience.

• Pie 1