• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Millers' 7 Round Mock (Panthers info only)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39806887/2024-nfl-mock-draft-matt-miller-seven-rounds-257-picks-predictions (full mock, on ESPN+)

For the Panthers Picks: 

2.33 Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
One nugget I've heard from multiple NFL scouts since the Senior Bowl is that the Panthers love this wide receiver class and believe they will be able to add a rookie starter at No. 33. The Panthers sent 10 people to the South Carolina pro day, and Legette's 4.39 speed at 6-foot-1 and 221 pounds is perfect for slant routes -- which would in turn help quarterback Bryce Young get the ball out faster in 2024.

2.39 Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Suamataia has the power to be a very good right tackle, a position he played in 2022 and one that could soon be open in Carolina. For the time being, he could learn behind Taylor Moton and continue to develop his special movement and power traits.

3.65 Chris Braswell, DE, Alabama
The trade of Brian Burns opens the door for a pass-rusher, and Braswell had eight sacks and forced three fumbles last season at Alabama.

From Here on out, it's just picks only. No explanation. 

4.101 Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin

5.141 Jarrian Jones, CB, Florida State

5.142 Justin Eboigbe, DT, Alabama

7.240 Jordan Whittington, WR, Texas

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

Leggete is a carbon copy of Mingo.  Huge, fast, with terrible route running ability.  You can see how little separation he gets while running the route.  He can turn on jets while running in open field but he mostly perfectly covered while running the route. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 3

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its because you have so much time to play teams off of each other.  As soon as rd 1 ends you can start working the deals.  We just need Nix and/or penix to fall

This. We will be surprised what we could get from teams wanting one of them. 

6 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Leggete is a carbon copy of Mingo.  Huge, fast, with terrible route running ability.  You can see how little separation he gets while running the route.  He can turn on jets while running in open field but he mostly perfectly covered while running the route. 

That's untrue. It's simply just untrue. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

You XL haters are something else. I honestly don't believe that you know what you're looking at. I've looked at his play. I've listened to several scouts. Saying Legette is Mingo 2.0 is just a lazy ass take. It's just a simplistic analysis. I don't know what else to tell you.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You XL haters are something else. I honestly don't believe that you know what you're looking at. I've looked at his play. I've listened to several scouts. Saying Legette is Mingo 2.0 is just a lazy ass take. It's just a simplistic analysis. I don't know what else to tell you.

They are big receivers, who are very fast in a straight line, who struggle with quickness/route running and creating seperation in college.  I dont get the people who dont have lots lf questions about legette.  He literally was terrible until his 5th season.  Maybe more comparable to a faster straight speed Laviska?

Edited by Tr3ach

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

How do you explain not having any questions at all about his first 4 seasons?

I understand the allure of trading back and acquiring more picks given our needs but with the same scouting staff intact and a first time GM and after watching Fitterer work with trading down I think I'm good on the trade a quarter for 2 dimes and a nickel profit approach.

Just draft some good football players and keep it pushing.

• Pie 7