• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Poll - Temperature Check

WR Preference/Temperature Check  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like the most for us?

• Keon Coleman
    • Ladd McConkey
    • Troy Franklin
    • Ricky Pearsall
    • Xavier Legette
    • Ja'Lynn Polk
    • Roman Wilson
    • Javon Baker
    • Xavier Worthy
    • Other (Name & Explain)

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

These guys go pretty far into the wr depth in the draft

this is probably my favorite break downs of the WR class.  Brett Kollman always does a good job, imo.

• Pie 2

20 hours ago, rayzor said:

he's a tough sell for me. the only thing he does incredibly well (compared to the other guys we are looking at) is run fast and a lot of the reason he does is because he's only about 80lbs dripping wet. seriously he's 5'11 and weights 165 lbs. of course he's going to be fast. i don't know that he gets more separation than some of the others and he definitely isn't going to be able to muscle down the contested catches. straight line speed is good, but not sure if it's the best fit for the QB we've got. Just some other WRs that i think bring more to the table.

that said, if he's the pick...

Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel

he’s explosive out of his breaks, he has a skill set you don’t typically get your hands on in the second round, he uses his head to sell fakes, he has explosiveness to create lots of separation after a misstep.

were in the second round, all these guys have knocks against him but he has first round value and offers a tool that you don’t typically find in the second. Getting a Jaylen waddle type dynamo for the QB who played with him. 

21 minutes ago, Growl said:

he’s explosive out of his breaks, he has a skill set you don’t typically get your hands on in the second round, he uses his head to sell fakes, he has explosiveness to create lots of separation after a misstep.

were in the second round, all these guys have knocks against him but he has first round value and offers a tool that you don’t typically find in the second. Getting a Jaylen waddle type dynamo for the QB who played with him. 

How is his injury history? Sounds like a good player but he is readily available to play? Worry about his small frame and light weight for longevity 

20 hours ago, jb2288 said:

McConkey... except he will get drafted one pick in front of us to the Chiefs then I'll be in a horrible mood 

I keep on saying that i'll be excited if we draft any of about a dozen WRs...preferably 2. But i've got to admit that there's a couple i like i really hope are around for us to have as an option. We don't HAVE to draft him, but I at least want him to be available.

and i don't want him or really anyone good to go to the chiefs. they've had enough rings for a decade.

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I keep on saying that i'll be excited if we draft any of about a dozen WRs...preferably 2. But i've got to admit that there's a couple i like i really hope are around for us to have as an option. We don't HAVE to draft him, but I at least want him to be available.

and i don't want him or really anyone good to go to the chiefs. they've had enough rings for a decade.

It’s gonna happen, get ready for it. Won’t be as bad as the chargers getting Herbert, but Chiefs will pick him up one pick before us and he will have 1200 yards his first year 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

How is this post dramatic?  Give me a player outside of the top 4 WRs that doesn’t have a major question mark?

I think we have different opinions about what a major question mark is.

I'll just say that I wouldn't have an issue taking any of the top 12-15 WRs. Any other year most of these guys would be going a round or two earlier than where they are predicted to go.

Maybe you're looking for the perfect WR that doesn't have anything to work on or who has never been injured. I just expect all of them to be rookies who have a lot to learn and prove.

But I'll be happy to take any of these guys and if we have to take one or two that have some areas that could be considered worrisome, so be it.

It's all a gamble. They're all a gamble. But you're guaranteed not to win if you don't take risks on uncertainty.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think we have different opinions about what a major question mark is.

I'll just say that I wouldn't have an issue taking any of the top 12-15 WRs. Any other year most of these guys would be going a round or two earlier than where they are predicted to go.

Maybe you're looking for the perfect WR that doesn't have anything to work on or who has never been injured. I just expect all of them to be rookies who have a lot to learn and prove.

But I'll be happy to take any of these guys and if we have to take one or two that have some areas that could be considered worrisome, so be it.

It's all a gamble. They're all a gamble. But you're guaranteed not to win if you don't take risks on uncertainty.

I agree it’s all a gamble.  30% hit is normal in round 2.  I am not looking for perfect WRs.  My point is this team should be taking the best players available.  These WRs in our range have serious questions.  Name 1 and I can explain why

Just now, Shocker said:

I agree it’s all a gamble.  30% hit is normal in round 2.  I am not looking for perfect WRs.  My point is this team should be taking the best players available.  These WRs in our range have serious questions.  Name 1 and I can explain why

I know there are questions. I just don't think that they are enough to skip over. Ladd has had some health issues. You take him in the 2nd anyway. Leggette is raw and improven, you take him anyways. The talent is just too strong and it's unlikely that we will run into a class with this much talent and potential anytime soon.

You swing when you have opportunities like this because they don't come around very often. One of our greatest needs coincide with the greatest depth we've seen at WR in who knows how long. We'd be foolish to come up with reasons for not swinging.

But this whole draft class is just so talented and deep I some areas that ther will be nonWR talent falling that we should also grab.

Whatever the case, however it falls, we should still walk away with at least 2 WRs. Not necessarily in the 2nd round, but if a 2nd run starts at the end of the 1st round, we'd better be ready to swing and then take advantage of the other talent that falls through later.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I know there are questions. I just don't think that they are enough to skip over. Ladd has had some health issues. You take him in the 2nd anyway. Leggette is raw and improven, you take him anyways. The talent is just too strong and it's unlikely that we will run into a class with this much talent and potential anytime soon.

You swing when you have opportunities like this because they don't come around very often. One of our greatest needs coincide with the greatest depth we've seen at WR in who knows how long. We'd be foolish to come up with reasons for not swinging.

But this whole draft class is just so talented and deep I some areas that ther will be nonWR talent falling that we should also grab.

Whatever the case, however it falls, we should still walk away with at least 2 WRs. Not necessarily in the 2nd round, but if a 2nd run starts at the end of the 1st round, we'd better be ready to swing and then take advantage of the other talent that falls through later.

Ladd is injury prone and undersized.  Don’t dial in on a player without understanding what he can be in the league.  Pearshall is probably a better player.

If Keon Coleman drops he should be the pick.  There is no doubt in my mind he was better on the field than Ladd

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Ladd is injury prone and undersized.  Don’t dial in on a player without understanding what he can be in the league.  Pearshall is probably a better player.

If Keon Coleman drops he should be the pick.  There is no doubt in my mind he was better on the field than Ladd

Could be. I don't think Ladd is undersized more than Pearsall. Worthy is undersized because he's rail thin, but it's all what you are looking at/for. 

But honestly I like all these guys so much that it's hard for me to rank any of them. The next dozen or so after those first four I'm going to be excited about. I love Keon and Leggette because they are big beasts who just take the ball. Ladd and Pearsall and AD Mitchell because they got the moves, the routes, the separation, and the hands. Gimme Worthy, gimme Malik Washington, gimme Javin Baker. I'll take them all and finally feel good watching receivers again.

• Pie 1