• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person predicts a trade back

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Trading down is a very easy way of getting absolutely nothing for your draft picks.  See Scott Fitterer for a great example.

He was the best at just giving up assets or gaining a bunch of mids for a decent selection.  Just terrible.

If you look at a lot of mid round trades in drafts, plenty of teams do even pick swap situations where it's worked out on both ends.  For example, you send an early 3rd and early 4th, get a low 2nd and later 4th. 

We're so used to just either making these sweeping trade downs or trade ups, this fanbase isn't accustomed to the comparable value swaps and now freaks out at the notion of a trade down or trade up.  It can still work, just gotta be mindful of value and what you're gaining.      

Not at 33 or 39, but we for example have the first pick in the 4th, and then picks 141 and 142 in a row at the top of the 5th round.  

There is a lot of maneuvering you could do to get an impact player.   

Let's say McMillan, Van Pran/Limmer, Melton, Sinnett, or maybe Trey Benson/Blake Corum are available in that late third, you move into the 90ish range from 101 by using 141.  You get that team to tag on a 6th (~180).  So, giving a fourth (101) and fifth (141) for a 3rd and 6th while you still have a fifth at 142.  

Those are the type of trades I could imagine happening.  You get a guy that can make an impact and are basically just changing out a 5th for a 6th.  

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I cannot fathom a scenario where morgan doesnt trade 33 if there are some qbs still left on the board

Im all for a small trade down to like 35-42 if it means we can add a 3rd or 4th this year. I dont want to wait until next. .

18 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Im all for a small trade down to like 35-42 if it means we can add a 3rd or 4th this year. I dont want to wait until next. .

For me, it all depends, but I would have to be adding a third this year and a second next year (on top of swapping our seconds). 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

For me, it all depends, but I would have to be adding a third this year and a second next year (on top of swapping our seconds). 

how far down you willing to go for that. 

that's more than the last folks got for the 33 and they went down to 41

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

how far down you willing to go for that. 

that's more than the last folks got for the 33 and they went down to 41

Value charts to just gain a third: 

33 <-> 50 & 82

33 <-> 45 & 92

People are forgetting they added in their own 3rd round pick (81) along with 33 to get 41, 72 and a future 3rd.  

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Value charts to just gain a third: 

33 <-> 50 & 82

33 <-> 45 & 92

People are forgetting they added in their own 3rd round pick (81) along with 33 to get 41, 72 and a future 3rd.  

yeah, I just don't like any trade scenario.  I guess, we will see how much Morgan is like his good buddy Scott.  I still think this org hasn't changed that much.  I think Dan was a thumbs up on a lot of Scott's bad draft behavior.  I wouldn't be shocked if he makes a trade down I hate. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Forget the trades. Stand pat and take the best center, since there isn't one on the roster, and WR available since people got to have play maker. That's unless they have a higher ranked TE over the available WRs, then take the TE..

If Barton or Powers Johsnon are there i wouldnt hate it. Not as exciting as fantasy land where you can still trade down and get one of your guys. Maybe we'd trade down and still land Frazier. I wouldnt even be mad if it was C/CB at 33/39 as long as it upgraded the team as a whole. Going to need 1 more off season to fix this mess.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, I just don't like any trade scenario.  I guess, we will see how much Morgan is like his good buddy and Scott.  I still think this org hasn't changed that much.  I think Dan was a thumbs on a lot of Scott's bad draft behavior.  I wouldn't be shocked if he makes a trade down I hate. 

Yeah I still don't get firing the GM and promoting his assistant

• Pie 1