• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic Dane Brugler's 7-round mock draft specular

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Except not having a center to get him the ball. Corbett has never played the position beyond taking some snaps there during camps. The team thinking he's going to be an NFL starting center is dumb. Plus, he's coming off a big injury.

There's still a few FA centers they might(should) look into after the draft. I hope it's not just to avoid hurting Corbetts feelings or some soft bs like that. At the very least they need another body for camp and unless they take a C high it should probably be a vet since Corbett and Cade aren't exactly well versed at the position

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

There's still a few FA centers they might(should) look into after the draft. I hope it's not just to avoid hurting Corbetts feelings or some soft bs like that. At the very least they need another body for camp and unless they take a C high it should probably be a vet since Corbett and Cade aren't exactly well versed at the position

I can see the Panthers rolling with what they have because it's the Panthers and center isn't a sexy pick.

If Ladd is really there at #33, I'd go Ladd and then Pearsall at #39. WR problems solved for the next 5+ seasons. I was a Coleman guy at first, but I just don't think he'll be a consistent contributer. He'll make a few highlight reel plays, but have like 3 catches for 35 yards a game. Probably a great redzone target too.

I think a QB's best friend is having multiple options that can win their routes. That way, the first or second read can get the ball instead of having to progress to your 3rd or 4th options all game, every game. Not an easy task for a young QB. 

On 4/18/2024 at 7:54 AM, Jon Snow said:

I would bet money that only 2 of the Panthers draft picks this year work out for them, if they're lucky.  So anyone thinking the team will get more than 1 starter has their expectations way too high.

Likely. In a great draft, a first round guy is a starter. 2nd-3rd rounders you hope are rotational guy by year 2. Later rounds rarely do better than the practice squad. Our drafting, particularly lately, sucks really bad 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

A handy picture of projections 

Brugler's mock: Panthers picks
RD PK PLAYER POS SCHOOL
Ladd McConkey
WR
T.J. Tampa
CB
Jonathon Brooks
RB
Ben Sinnott