• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young ready to get back to work, grow as a leader

35 minutes ago, frankw said:

Playmakers like the one we traded for him right?

For some reason I can hear "Hello Darkness My Old Friend" in the background..

So what you're really saying is:

QB first round next year.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I will say this, you see CJ a lot on podcast and stuff like that this offseason ….he eats and breaths football and carries himself with that QB alpha attitude.  Real student of the game and players.  Instantly trying to build with new guys they sign.   He also is annoyingly loyal to his guys on the podcasts.  Meanwhile, Panthers are spinning Bryce being by himself, binging TV and wanting nothing to do with football as good. 

I mean, I still think Bryce can reach a decent level of success in the right spot.  The org will make or break Bryce.….but it’s get hard to see how this team went in the direction they went given the choices.   Would to have loved to of seen how they solved that internal discussion/debate they were having on the 2. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I will say this, you see CJ a lot on podcast and stuff like that….he eats and breaths football and carries himself with that QB alpha attitude.  He also is annoying loyal to his guys on the podcast.  

I mean, I still think Bryce can reach a decent level of success in the right spot.  The org will make or break Bryce.….but it’s get hard to see how this team went in the direction they went given the choices.   Would have loved to of seen how they solved what we internal discussion they were having on the 2. 

CJ didn’t come from much. Football was his ticket and probably his escape. I loved his backstory before the draft from his humble beginnings to one of the top QBs in the draft. He does a good job of balancing humility with confidence IMO. 

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

Is there any evidence Dalton is actually a good vet to have around young QB?  I mean just because you were a decent starter doesn’t make you an ideal vet mentor. 

I still think we needed to change things up more given what a trainwreck last season was  

Teaching I dunno, I know he said he wasn't here to compete last year. Maybe Canales will use Dalton more as a physical example the basic footwork stuff and whatnot. Last year it seems like they just ignored it and focused on him learning the playbook so they could throw him out there week 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I will say this, you see CJ a lot on podcast and stuff like that this offseason ….he eats and breaths football and carries himself with that QB alpha attitude.  Real student of the game and players.  Instantly trying to build with new guys they sign.   He also is annoyingly loyal to his guys on the podcasts.  Meanwhile, Panthers are spinning Bryce being by himself, binging TV and wanting nothing to do with football as good. 

I mean, I still think Bryce can reach a decent level of success in the right spot.  The org will make or break Bryce.….but it’s get hard to see how this team went in the direction they went given the choices.   Would to have loved to of seen how they solved that internal discussion/debate they were having on the 2. 

tell me more will smith GIF

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, Bryce’s arm is what it is.   I don’t see us solving anything by telling him he needs to throw with more oomph.  You can’t really coach him into much more of a stronger arm.  You aren’t to solve some of his limitations in traditional pocket either.  

we need a good creative scheme with actual playmakers….and frankly for him to be a dink and dunk PG.  That’s his game.  Accept what you drafted.  Not saying he can’t take a shot here and there but that’s not what he is. 

I mean it would have at least been encouraging and better optics if he had gotten with a sports science group, qb coach, something, anything to try and increase his arm strength. The most successful guys usually look for any competitive advantage they can get. PJ Walker isn't much bigger and he's got a legit arm. Even if it only increased his velocity by 1mph it seems like it would be worth spending a few months on

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean it would have at least been encouraging and better optics if he had gotten with a sports science group, qb coach, something, anything to try and increase his arm strength. The most successful guys usually look for any competitive advantage they can get. PJ Walker isn't much bigger and he's got a legit arm. Even if it only increased his velocity by 1mph it seems like it would be worth spending a few months on

In all seriousness.

Anything is better than admitting your first order of business after one of the worst rookie QB seasons of all time is...doing nothing.

I cannot say enough that it gives Sam Darnold vibes.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

This right here. Bryce 100% gives off the take it or leave it vibe when it comes to football. There is 0.00% win or die vibe.

You’re the #1 overall pick on a team that believed in you so much that they gave up the farm, you turned in the most putrid QB performance seen in almost 20 years, and you go home and chill? You got shirt tackled on the regular. It’s a miracle you still have a spleen. You’re supposed to be the alpha leader in a room full of grown ass men.

Wat Dah Fark bro?!!

Alls I’m saying is Dan Morgan was a dawg, wants dawgs and knows one when he sees one. Bryce better start barking. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2