• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft - Round 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• They cancelled JR big time. Until I see the actual accurate account of the racist slur part of the ‘case’, I am not judging him on it. People lose their temper and say poo sometimes because they want to hurt the other person and can’t come up with a reasonable insult. That is why people call people names, as far as I can understand.  It happens. People get pissed and say stupid things they wish they hadn’t. That is a fact. I would like the real details before I go into judgement mode.  When I was young and pretty I worked an assembly job at a GE TV plant for about 6 months. My line supervisor was gay and he didn’t ever touch me with his hands but man oh man he harassed the hell out of me. But I needed the job so I dealt with it. It sucks, but you know he never got any satisfaction and I didn’t sue him or GE. I put up with his poo for the paycheck. I left when I could, end of story. No boo hoo and boycotts and lawsuits. Some of these people who get these settlements, I wonder really, how bad was it that you couldn’t endure it for that probably pretty good paycheck.  So I am one who thinks on balance, what I know *for a fact* about JR doesn’t make him a bad enough guy to be forced to sell the team he started. Something tells me Tepper was afoot in that poo.
    • I can’t see Bryce Young getting to the Super Bowl unless he is a backup. You aren’t talking about beating most teams, having a nice season. It’s beating everybody just to get there. For his sake I hope I am wrong. 
    • I agree with the post above that you need great QB play to realistically have a chance. We got our choice of the 1st pick in a decent QB draft and screwed up. Sure, best case is Young has a miracle upgrade, but it looks to me like that’s not going to happen. I liken this to Alex Smith and the Chiefs still knowing they needed Mahomes, except that I’d much rather have a 2nd year Smith than Young. Young might be able to get us into a playoff game but he will never win a Super Bowl. We had an MVP Cam and still lost the big game.