• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Day of Draft Rumors

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

For those of us screaming for a WR on day 2, there is this:

Day 2 WRs drafted by Panthers (round)

2023:  Jonathan Mingo (2)

2021: Terrace Marshall Jr. (2)

2017: Curtis Samuel (2)

2015: Devin Funchess (2)

2010: Brandon Lafell (3); Armanti Edwards (3)

2007: Dwayne Jarrett (2)

2004: Keary Colbert (2)

2001: Steve Smith (3)

1997: Muhsin Muhammad (2)

2023 - This was a TE heavy draft and there were several productive WRs taken after Mingo. This was a GM error.

2021 - GM error again. Great IOL including Humphrey were sitting there. If we went Slater/Humphrey we could have had Garrett Wilson in 2022.

2017 - Not a horrible pick but injuries hurt. Even with missing 1.5 years of games, he’s still playing and has 4100 rushing/receiving yards and 29 TDs. We’ve done a lot worse.

2015. All I can say is better than TMJ and Jarrett.

The rest after Smith don’t warrant discussion.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Best case for us is that pennix and jj slip out of the first

I'm 100% sure they will, but I'm also sure that there is not going to be a huge haul to trade up to 33. The Titans traded picks 41, 72 and a third rounder in 2024 for picks 33 and 81 so they could get Levis. Not exactly franchise altering compensation.

Edited by travisura

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

I'm 100% sure they will, but I'm also sure that there is not going to be a huge haul to trade up to 33. The Titans traded picks 41, 72 and a third rounder in 2024 for picks 33 and 81 so they could get Levis. Not exactly franchise altering compensation.

JJ isn't making it out of the first.  Penix or Nix would be out best bet for a trade down from 33.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

JJ isn't making it out of the first.  Penix or Nix would be out best bet for a trade down from 33.

That's my hot take for this draft: that the JJ smoke is all bluster and he'll end up falling. Or he could go top 5 I have no idea.

• Pie 2